Create Your Own Games With Construct 2 - Game Development Course For Beginners - Part 1 Premium class
- 1x (Normal)
Course Trailer and Overview1:31
Introduction To The Course2:07
Lesson 1 - Setting Up the Stage4:47
Lesson 2 - Adding a Background2:55
Lesson 3 - Adding the Ground3:45
Lesson 4 - Creating the Hero4:48
Lesson 5 - Creating the Game Final Target5:18
Lesson 6 - Destroying the Hero and Resetting the Game2:23
Lesson 7 - Moving to Layouts and Winning the Game6:58
Lesson 8 - Testing and Publishing your Game4:38
About This Class
Learn 2D cross-platform game development with Construct 2 and start creating your own video games today! This course is divided into two parts.
Start building your own 2D video games without having any prior experience in programming or game creation. This complete course is designed for the absolute beginners and everyone who is passionate about creating their own cross-platform games as fast as possible. This course will teach you how to create a complete platformer game from scratch. It is divided into two parts; part 1 teaches you the basics while part 2 moves on to more advanced features and techniques.
Note: Both parts are available for premium members at Skillshare.com.
About Construct 2
Construct 2 is a cross-platform game creation system/engine developed by (Scirra Ltd) that won the 1st Annual International Best Game Creator Award of 2014. This engine allows anyone to create games easily and publish them on multiple platforms (Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, Linux, HTML5, Wii U, Facebook, Amazon Appstore and much more) without writing a single line of code.
What's Included in Parts 1 and 2?
- 19 High Quality (HD) Step-By-Step Video Tutorials.
- Over 150+ minutes of High-Quality Video Content.
- Complete Comprehensive Written Manuals.
- Complete Workshop Files (.capx), Graphics and Resources.
What You Will Learn From This Course?
- Adding Parallax and Animation.
- Creating Objects with Basic AI.
- Tracking Objects and Finding Paths.
- Creating and Adjusting New Effects.
- Shooting and Spawning Objects.
- Adding Scores and Energies.
- Mastering the Use of Variables and Instance Variables.
- Defining Logical Statements and Grouping Events.
- Adding Music and Sound Effects.
- Creating and Adding New Levels.
- Adding Load and Save Features to Your Game.
- Creating Buttons, Menus and Title Screens.
- Testing and Publishing Your Game on Multiple Platforms.
After completing this course, you will be able to build and sell your own video games on several platforms like Web (HTML), Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android and much more without restrictions.
What are the requirements?
- Free or Paid edition of Construct 2 is required for Section 1.
- Paid edition of Construct 2 is required for Section 2.
What am I going to get from this course (parts 1 and 2)?
- Create a Complete 2D Cross-Platform Video Game From Scratch without Coding or Prior Experience.
- Gain various essential skills in game design and development.
- Gain a good understanding of Construct 2 and its features while becoming a strong developer.
- Learn many important game development optimization tricks.
- Learn everything you need to create your own advanced platformer game.
What is the target audience?
- Complete beginners who want to create video games.
- Designers who want to create games without coding.
- Anyone who is interested in learning on Construct 2.
- Beginners of Construct 2 that need to learn more about it.
- Any developer who is interested in creating 2D cross-platform video games.