- 1x (Normal)
UI Environment / Modes1:21
UI Environment / Windows1:50
UI Environment / Navigating the Scene2:11
UI Environment / Change Screen Size0:55
Using Edit Pattern Tool6:35
Copy / Symmetric Paste Tool3:07
Sewing & Arrangement I7:48
Sewing & Arranegment II7:31
Free Hand Sewing Tool4:29
Merge Two Patterns1:19
Internal Polygon Tool6:08
Cut and Sew Tool2:07
Adding a Texture/Fabric6:13
Export PNG Images of Garment2:32
Edit the Fold Angle2:13
Add Particle Distance for More Garment Detail4:05
Saving your Garment1:47
About This Class
This class is about being able to turn a flat drawing or sketch into real looking clothing using 3D software. You will get lectures that cover tool and concepts along with Marvelous designer files of the final output and textures used. I would however recommend to look around the web for your own textures for more creativity.
We will focus on using each tool and each video is dedicated just for that so that it is easier to reference if needed.
By taking this class you will be learning about a tool that covers more than just fashion but it open up other industries like game and movies. You will be learning a skill where you can either save money for your fashion company or provide 3D clothing for your game characters.
What you will need?
- You will need: Marvelous Designer, PC / Mac , Mouse and Keyboard.
- A FREE 30 day trial of Marvelous Designer can be downloaded at marvelousdesigner.com.
What will you learn?
- Edit Patterns
- Sew Garments
- Sew using the Free Hand Tool
- Add Textures
- Use Cut and Sew to add details like Hem lines and Seams
- Copy, Paste and Symmetric Tools for Editing Garment Patterns
- Add Quality Details using Particle Distance
- Export your Garment PNG images
- Create a Shirt
What is this for?
- This course is for Fashion Designers who would like to save time and money making their samples. It allows them to give their pattern maker a clear picture of what their sample should look like.
- This course is for 3D/CG Artists who would like to make 3D clothing for their characters. This course will not teach you how to convert 3D garments into OBJs for use in other 3D packages.
I am a 3D / Graphic Artist. I started using 3D back in 2004. I now focus most of my time on helping others start businesses and encouraging them to learn about unique ways to either save money or present their brand.
I was introduced to Fashion through my wife who is a fashion illustrator and production manager. I gained lots of knowledge by being so close to that industry, thus allowing me to freelance for many clothing brands from Los Angeles to Atlanta. I became so interested in it, I even took sewing classes!
My goal has always been to inspire others to achieve more, to learn more and to grow. So lets grow together!