- 1x (Normal)
T-shirt Showcase and Drawing Tools4:10
Concepting and Rough Sketches5:05
Developing Your Concept (Updated)5:47
Turning Sketch Into Vector10:03
Setting Up Artwork for Production3:57
Final Thoughts & Class Assignment1:51
About This Class
Learn how designer and illustrator, Steve Wolf, creates a unique design for apparel using hand drawn artwork. In this class, Steve takes us through his process for researching, drawing, designing, and executing great looking t-shirts. This class is perfect for designers, illustrators, and anyone else who is interested in creating a unique t-shirt design. By the end of this class, you will have the confidence to dominate your next apparel design.
What You'll Learn
- Research: We will go over the importance of researching before drawing and talk about how researching can inspire and influence your design.
- Concepting: In this section, we will talk about the proper setup before sketching and look into the process of concepting ideas.
- Sketching: We will talk about the most efficient way to turn your rough ideas into a tight hand drawn sketch.
- Vector design: I will share my process of how to take your finished ink design and transfer it onto the computer to create an editable vector design.
- File Preparation: We will talk about the proper way to organize your finished design in illustrator and learn the basics of preparing a correct file that can be sent to a printer.
Class Projects 16 See All
148 of 162 students recommendSee All
Great information about hand-drawn designs, turning design to vector and previewing your design on product template. The teacher includes a list of links to inspiration resources. I highly recommend this valuable class.
Steve Wolf is a designer/illustrator living in Austin, TX. Born and raised in central Nebraska, Steve Wolf has been designing since he was a toddler. Never without a pencil and paper, Steve has turned his childhood hobby into a successful career. His work combines vintage elements and modern techniques, creating a unique style that can be used on a wide variety of projects.