Photoshop for Illustrators III: Color and Texture Premium class
- 1x (Normal)
The Importance of Color1:25
Brushes and Paint11:31
How to Make Color Adjustments3:50
About This Class
Color is regarded as one of the most important aspects of illustration because it conveys so much. Moods, time periods, and feelings are all evoked by the colors we see.
In this final of my three-class Photoshop for Illustrators series, I’ll take you through different coloring techniques you can use in Photoshop. I’ll also cover texturing and color adjustments for adding that vintage vibe to your illustration.
Throughout the course, you’ll be encouraged to make your own artistic and creative decisions. What color palette will you choose?
This three-part series will take you through the fundamental features of Photoshop that illustrators use. This series was created specifically to help aspiring illustrators learn the basics of Photoshop without having to go through tools that don’t apply to their work. Photoshop is the most versatile program for creating artwork because of its ability to combine raster and vector images, and this is the series to help you maximize and master its essential tools.
What You’ll Learn
- Color Palettes. You’ll create your own color palette, selecting the colors you want to use in your illustration.
- Coloring Tools. You’ll learn how to start adding color to your illustration using tools we’ve covered.
- Color Adjustments. You’ll learn different methods for adjusting the colors in your illustration.
- Texture. You’ll learn best practices for incorporating textures into your illustration with Photoshop.
What You’ll Do
- Project Deliverable. Color an illustration using Photoshop.
- Description. Share the illustration you made with your classmates. Explain the tools you used to create it.
- Specs. Feel free to use an illustration from a previous class, your own work, or the files provided in the resource section.
Class Projects 12 See All
72 of 73 students recommendSee All
I'm totally happy and satisfied at the end of the 3 classes. My knowledge was zero about Photoshop when I started - and now I can make quite advanced stuff with it. Thanks a lot Mark!!!!!!!!!
This class is simple yet thorough for anyone who wants to color and add texture to a drawing in photoshop! Very cool and easy to understand. (I was surprised at just how many different ways there were to add color.) Also discusses hues, saturation, levels, color balance and layer modes. I enjoyed it :)
Seize the day!
Matt Kaufenberg is a freelance illustrator from Alexandria, Minnesota. Originally working as freelance graphic designer after college, he eventually decided to pursue a career in illustration, always his true passion.
For over two years, he has had the pleasure of illustrating some fantastic projects and working with companies such as Target, Nickelodeon, American Greetings, and more. He is influenced by artists from the 60's and 70's, especially children's book illustrators.
He also teaches occasional classes for Alexandria Technical College's Communication Art and Design program.
In his free time, he enjoys spending time with his wife and their three kids.