- 1x (Normal)
Research & Brainstorming7:12
Adobe Illustrator - Part 1 of 414:21
Adobe Illustrator - Part 2 of 414:23
Adobe Illustrator - Part 3 of 417:31
Adobe Illustrator - Part 4 of 414:16
Finalizing in Photoshop24:26
Mocking Concepts for Presentation9:05
About This Class
In this class, I cover how to absorb your clients’ direction thoughtfully, and execute an end product that fills their need, as well as the needs of their fan base. I will be letting the student into my thought process behind each decision. While the skills are important, it’s the thought behind the action thatwill set you apart from your peers.
With over a decade in the music merchandising industry, I have watched trends in band tees come and go. While the aesthetic of these pop culture staples is ever-changing, my process and techniques remain consistent. I create band tee graphics for a living, and have managed to stay passionate about it for quite some time. I have developed streamlined processes that allow me to work quickly and effectively, allowing myself to enjoy each project.
What You'll Learn
- Introduction. We will cover the basics of the t-shirt project and how it functions as a
- Client Interview. We will chat with the client and identify themes for the design.
- Research & Brainstorming. I will walk you through an effective brainstorm and research collection process.
- Sketches. You will sketch ideas for your band tee.
- Initial execution in Adobe Illustrator. I will walk youthrough the digitization process in Illustrator.
- Finalizing in Adobe Photoshop. We will bring the image into Photoshop to add finishing touches.
- Mocking Concepts for Presentation. You will create concept mockups for the client presentation.
What You'll Make
You will design a graphic tee for a band. You will follow along through interview, research, brainstorming, sketches, execution, and presentation. All the while, as an added bonus, I will be accepting submissions from the students that will also be submitted to the band. The band will choose one of the student-submitted designs to put into production, and sell on tour.
Class Projects 44 See All
It takes a higher level of dedication and tenacity to have a successful career as a freelance graphic designer. For the past ten years, I’ve been able to maintain a passion and persistence to the graphics that I create, showing no signs of slowing down.
I look at the work that I get to create as a privilege. I wake up fully aware that this career is a gift, and stay committed to not taking any of it for granted. In a field where most designers lose their passion early on in their career, I’ve managed to stay excited, and keep my workload fresh. I hope that I can spread some of that excitement and dedication, and inspire students to apply it to their work. Graphic design is a grind. The amount of passion that you put into it is up to you. I enjoy creating things for a living, and I’m excited to provide classes that may help students to enjoy this work as much as I do.