Logo Design Techniques in Adobe Illustrator - 7 Projects for Beginners Premium class
- 1x (Normal)
Logo Design in Adobe Illustrator Introduction1:36
Negative Space in Logo Design and Illustrator8:23
Using Photoshop Shapes for Logos in Illustrator6:13
Freeform Drawing Shapes for Logo Design in Illustrator7:30
Drawing Over a Photo for a Logo in Illustrator8:00
Using Custom Brushes for Logos in Illustrator4:52
Using Letters as Symbols in Illustrator in Logo Design9:38
Shape Builder and Live Paint Bucket Tool for Logos in Illustrator8:38
About This Class
Learn seven logo design techniques in Adobe Illustrator, to either learn the software in a practical way or to get ideas for logo shapes and text!
- Learn from case studies of negative space in Illustrator and then learn techniques to create negative space using Illustrator.
- Learn how to use custom shapes from Adobe Photoshop to customize and use for logos in Illustrator.
- Apply freeform drawing techniques to design shapes in Illustrator.
- Apply best practices for drawing over a photo and how to simplify and stylize the shapes for a logo in Illustrator.
- Produce custom brushes and then adjust their attributes to use for logo design in Illustrator.
- Use letters as symbols in logo design.
- Learn and apply the Shape Builder and Live Paint Bucket tools in logo design.
About the instructor:
I've taught logo design at the university level for the past nine years, and I've also been internet development director at an award-winning advertising design firm and managing editor of two graphic design magazines, one which focused on Illustrator. I've also done freelance graphic design work for years.
I love seeing students succeed in their designs, writings, productions, and careers!
I'm currently a full-time university professor of graphic design and digital journalism. I've taught classes on design, photography, and writing for the past eight years. My university students have become full-time, award-winning photographers, web designers, creative specialists, reporters, and layout designers.
And now, you can learn from me as well!
Get started by enrolling in my courses and learning new skills. I've worked as internet development director at an award-winning advertising design firm, as managing editor at two graphic design magazines, as webmaster at a regional newspaper, and have been a freelance graphic designer and writer for the past 20 years. I have a B.A. in Communication, an M.A. in Journalism and Media Studies, and a Ph.D. in Communication.
My combination of professional real world experience, formal education, and experience in teaching have all enabled me to produce quality courses that help students become better at digital media and communication.