Learn to Storyboard: The First Steps of Visual Storytelling Premium class
- 1x (Normal)
What is Storyboarding?6:11
Rules & Tools of Storyboarding (Part 1)9:09
Rules & Tools of Storyboarding (Part 2)9:41
Generating Three Ideas6:58
Research for Pretzel Story9:25
Final Pass Cleanup Tutorial13:58
About This Class
This class is an introduction to visual storytelling, open to anyone of any skill level.
Storyboarding is the skill of visually organizing a story - a valuable process for flowing out films, comics, illustrations, business plans or essays. After all, there's a good story woven into every successful project!
What You'll Learn
- Understanding Storyboarding. What is Storyboarding? How would someone approach it? What are the fundamental tools?
- Coming Up with Your Story Idea. Coming up with a story that's unique to you and "gutsy" in some way.
- Researching Your Subject. You'll be asked to find pictures, documents or any other source of information that'll offer inspiration on your subject.
- Exploring and Structuiring Your Ideas. You'll produce a blueprint of your story in its simplest form.
- Executing Your Ideas. Draft your storyboard in a way that communicates your story exactly how you'd like.
What You'll Make
You'll use the project guide I designed to storyboard a story from your life - anything from a favorite childhood memory to something that happened on the way to work this morning.
As a story artist at Walt Disney Studios, storyboarding is what I do (and love) daily.
Class Projects 139 See All
138 of 143 students recommendSee All
Doesn't feel like a tutorial as much as a friend teaching you their craft. Very to the point but still fun to watch/learn.
A wonderful class to help you jump right into the world of storyboarding! Leo provides a great intro and goes through the process of storytelling step by step, and provides great examples for each of the different shots, compositions, etc. Mind you, this class is strictly about storyboarding, so if you are not familiar with drawing for animation, I recommend you educate yourself before jumping into the class. I have yet to complete the class, but I am definitely satisfied with the overall quality of the course. Thank you, Leo!
I was born in Brazil and grew up in Sao Paulo. I attended Cal Arts, interned at Pixar and then lent my talents to The Simpsons Movie. I joined Walt Disney Animation Studios in 2008 where I began storyboarding on Wreck-it Ralph. Most recently, I was part of the crew that crafted the story behind the Academy Award-Winner film Big Hero 6. In my role, I was responsible for visualizing and interpreting the director's vision from script to screen. I worked closely with the director, story team and writers to build the structure of the story and create an entertaining film.