- 1x (Normal)
Getting Started in Illustrator9:24
Creating and Editing Shapes18:13
Typography and Color13:19
Adding Styles & Effects7:29
About This Class
Adobe Illustrator can be a wonderful and effective tool for designing for the web. In this beginners level class, you'll learn how to get started using Illustrator to design your own site.
This class is perfect for anyone looking to learn more about Adobe Illustrator, get started in web design, or for those who already know Illustrator but wanted to use it for web design as well.
What You'll Learn
- Getting Started. We'll walk through setting up your artboards, the workspace, and specific panels that are helpful for web design tasks.
- Shapes! Shapes! Shapes! We'll go over how to create, edit and arrange shapes, then turn them into site elements using different tools like alignment, groups, and paths.
- Typography and Color. We'll then dive into typography and color, what works best on the web, and how to integrate each into your design.
- Adding Styles. Here we'll cover layer styles, borders, glows, shadows, rounded corners and more.
- Working with Images. And finally, we'll integrate some imagery into our design and discuss how images are managed in Illustrator.
What You'll Make
In this class you'll create your own one page site, it can be a home page for a freelance project or a design for your own portfolio website. You'll use Adobe Illustrator throughout the process to create your final project.
Class Projects 10 See All
63 of 67 students recommendSee All
Great intro for somebody with little to no experience with Adobe products. Practical, common tools are utilized which is very useful for a beginner looking to start creating something quickly.
Sine Qua Non
This class is excellent for beginners like me (who has photoshop knowledge but ZERO illustrator skills.) Thank you so much and this class is highly recommended for all beginners.
Hi, I'm Ryan—a product designer and Creative Director at Virb. In my spare time I'm also an illustrator and typographer. My first font, Liberator, has been used in campaigns by ESPN, Old Spice, Monday Night Football, UFC, and Marriot. When the days seemed a lot longer I dabbled in screenprinting and taught at two local universities.
I hail from the rolling cornfields of southwestern Ohio, where I live with my beautiful wife and family. I do what I love for a living, and for that (and a million other reasons) I count myself blessed.
I believe in hard work, honesty, kindness, and optimism. My work has been featured by Adobe Site of the Day, FWA, Designworklife, Lost Type, Grain Edit, HOW's Design Annual, WMC Fest, The French Paper Sample Room, and Awwwards.