Drawing the Flourish Basics and Beyond Premium class
- 1x (Normal)
Materials And Project1:20
Start With A Spiral3:24
Working With Loops2:39
Using Different Pens2:23
Corners and Freeform2:24
Fancy up your letters2:16
About This Class
In this class we will explore flourishing techniques, from the simple spiral all the way to some more involved styles and ideas. I will walk you through the different methods and how to use flourishes to enhance both your illustrations and your lettering designs. I have provided worksheets to help you get the feel of creating a variety of flourishes, and also a page of more ornamental styles to give you some creative inspiration. I will walk you through some of the ornamental styles on this page and show you how to use tracing paper to get the symmetrical look with a hand drawn design.
This class is for both beginners and seasoned artists. I provide ideas that will get you started as well as inspiration to take the ideas further in whatever form of art you love to create.
Join me as we explore this fun and versatile art form.
What you will need
- Pencil - regular and soft lead. Any pencil in the B range is soft, I suggest a 3B.
- Eraser. I use both a white eraser and a putty or kneadable eraser.
- Pen. Regular fine or med tip art pen is great.
- Tracing paper. Any weight will work, as long as you can see through it nicely
- 3 downloads provided, printed out. You can print these worksheets as many times as you need to have lots of practice time.
- Optional - brush pens, calligraphy marker, paint brushes - we will use these in the lesson on exploring different pen styles.
Class Projects 14 See All
Illustrator, Designer and Hand Drawing Enthusiast
I am passionate about pen and ink drawing, with possibly too large a collection of pens :) I find there is nothing like the relaxing sensation of a pencil gliding across the paper and the exhilarating sensation of the ink making your work come to life. I love exploring all mediums and am always trying to push the boundaries in new methods of design, but no matter what, I always come back to pencil and paper and my big box o' pens. :)
Encouraging and Inspiring others to use creativity in all areas of their lives on a daily basis.
Visit me at my website and blog to see more of my creative process www.jspcreate.com
Keep in touch with me by sharing your class inspired designs with me @jspcreate or #jspcreate. I love seeing your creations and sharing in your daily creativity