- 1x (Normal)
A Word of Warning0:38
Get to 'Shining1:34
About This Class
Moonshine, white lightning, mountain dew, hooch, and white whiskey are all terms used to describe high-proof distilled spirits, typically made with corn mash as the main ingredient. To distill your own moonshine is not only illegal, it can also lead to blindness (due to the methanol present in the first few ounces of "foreshot" produced while distilling backwoods moonshine) and death (by explosion).
Thankfully by using the already-distilled high-proof and readily-available alcohol Everclear, we can make our own legal "moonshine" by cutting it with various juices and other ingredients! So join me in this class as we prepare and then raise a jar of our own 'shine!
This class covers:
- The ingredients that go into making our legal "moonshine"
- Demonstration of making two moonshine recipes, along with suggested alternative recipes
How this class is taught:
- A series of six pre-recorded videos detailing the how-to's in making two moonshine recipes
What is expected of students:
- To use one of the supplied recipes -or- another recipe of their own choosing in a moonshine recipe
- Take a photo of you drinking your moonshine -or- a photo of a jar of your completed moonshine
- Post the recipe-used and the photograph-taken on your project page
Class Projects 2 See All
19 of 19 students recommendSee All
Great class!! Short, sweet and extremely informative. The 'Apple Pie a'la Mode' recipe will definitely be a new staple when I have guests over for dinner!
Sorry to leave early, but I was looking for a class on doing freelance after work and judged the book by its cover. I was not aware of a drink called Moonshine.
Good enough is not good enough.
Hello! I'm Kevin Kawa, a screenwriter, blogger, web designer and graphic artist from Syracuse, NY.
I earned a BA in Film and Media from Georgia State University, a MA in Cinema Studies from Emory University and a MEd in Secondary Education from Salem State University.
Before starting my career as a web designer 12 years ago, I taught film studies, filmmaking and photography to high school students in Boston and New York.
I am currently finishing my fourth feature-length screenplay, two of which that I am actively shopping, along with one that has been optioned. I love discussing and learning about film, filmmaking and screenwriting, and I am looking forward to sharing my knowledge of the subject with you while building a community of screenwriters at Skillshare.