Infused Salts: How to Add Flavor to Any Dish Premium class
- 1x (Normal)
Ingredients and Supplies3:39
The Dry Method7:59
The Wet Method5:06
The Reduction Method8:05
Now It's Your Turn!2:21
About This Class
Infused salts are a quick and easy way to boost the flavor of any recipe. Even better, using infused salts is just as quick and easy as making them, and as salt is a natural preservative, your infused salts are shelf stable and always ready at-hand.
This class covers:
- The three methods that go into making infused salts
- Demonstration of making three infused salts recipes, along with suggested alternative flavors and uses
How this class is taught:
- A series of seven pre-recorded videos detailing the how-to's in infusing your own salts
What is expected of students:
- To use one of the demonstrated methods in making your own infused salt
- Post the name of your finished project (i.e. Pinot Noir Salt) to your project page
- Extra credit for posting a photo of your finished infused salt and/or suggested uses for your infused salt recipe
Class Projects 5 See All
22 of 24 students recommendSee All
Terrific class! I am so excited to make my own infused salts, what a great gift idea? Thanks so much!
Holy cow, I'm so glad I found this class!! I'm only disappointed I didn't see it sooner. Kevin's idea are creative and his explanations are clear. He clearly loves fine food and I'm so glad he decided to post this. Hope to see more classes by him!
Hello! I'm Kevin Kawa, a screenwriter, blogger, web designer and graphic artist from Syracuse, NY.
I earned a BA in Film and Media from Georgia State University, a MA in Cinema Studies from Emory University and a MEd in Secondary Education from Salem State University.
Before starting my career as a web designer 12 years ago, I taught film studies, filmmaking and photography to high school students in Boston and New York.
I am currently finishing my fourth feature-length screenplay, two of which that I am actively shopping, along with one that has been optioned. I love discussing and learning about film, filmmaking and screenwriting, and I am looking forward to sharing my knowledge of the subject with you while building a community of screenwriters at Skillshare.