- 1x (Normal)
Materials And Project2:13
6 Sections Grid and Framework3:15
6 Sections Details And Inking3:57
8 Sections Grid And Framework1:31
8 Sections Detail And Inking3:32
12 Sections Grid and Framework2:37
12 Sections Details and Inking4:41
About This Class
This is the second class in my Hand Drawn Mandala series. In this class I will take you further into the process and introduce you to using circular grids. We will learn how to make three different grids and then use these grids to create frameworks, add detail and ink our mandalas. Similar design elements will be used throughout all three mandalas so the student can see how changing up the grid and framework can give you a completely different look.
What you require:
- no drawing experience necessary - just the desire to explore and learn
What you will learn
- How to draw three different versions of a circular grid and the skills to invent your own
- How to create a framework using a preset grid
- How using the same design elements and simple shapes can give different looks depending on what grid you start with.
What you will walk away with
- The skills to make your own grids
- three grids available for you to download, print out and use over and over again
- The encouragement to tackle your own creative designs
- a community of fellow mandala lovers like you learning to create beautiful designs, share their stories and encourage each other on.
Looking forward to seeing you in class!
Class Projects 10 See All
Illustrator, Designer and Hand Drawing Enthusiast
Working as a professional pattern designer, textile artist and illustrator over the last 20 years, I have enjoyed sharing my passion for creativity and encouraging others to explore creativity in all areas of their lives.
I enjoy finding ways to encourage and help people to use creativity for both relaxation and productivity and for just plain fun. My goal is to design and share fun and creative, hand drawing exercises that prove just how simple it can be. Most of my classes only require a pencil, paper and pen.
I find there is nothing like the relaxing sensation of a pencil gliding across the paper making your ideas come to life. I love exploring all mediums and am always trying to push the boundaries in new methods of design, but no matter what, I always come back to pencil and paper.
Visit me at my website and blog to see more of my creative process www.jspcreate.com
Keep in touch with me by sharing your class inspired designs with me @jspcreate or #jspcreate. I love seeing your creations and sharing in your daily creativity
Jane has been creating in the field of design and textile patterns for over 20 years and most recently has had her mandala designs published in two colouring books available at both your local and online booksellers. Check out more on her books here www.jspcreate.com/books-and-publications