Make a Necklace with chunky, light-weighted beads in any color, made of corrugated cardboard Free class
- 1x (Normal)
Gathering your material0:48
Cutting the paper3:18
Rolling, Varnishing, Finishing3:15
About This Class
Ever wanted a necklace with chunky beads, but still light-weighted?
You are looking for a necklace in a certain color and can´t find it?
Make it yourself! With this tutorial it is super easy, you don´t need special skills.
Here the links mentioned in the video:
- Corrugated crafting cardboard in a lot of colors: https://www.etsy.com/listing/274480576
- Corrugated crafting cardboard in golden or silver: https://www.etsy.com/listing/450037510
- Beads ready for varnishing all colors: https://www.etsy.com/listing/119428273
- Beads reday for varnishing in golden: https://www.etsy.com/listing/114623367
- Beads reday for varnishing in silver: https://www.etsy.com/listing/114625453
- DIY-Basic-Kit: https://www.etsy.com/listing/458238046
- Refill for Basic-Kit: https://www.etsy.com/listing/474065591
Born in 1967 in Ingolstadt, Germany, Doris Häusler is working since 1993 under the artist name „Dorisse“. She experienced different art techniques, until she found her medium: Paper and Book Art.
She has a MA degree in Art History and Literature and her interest is bringing these two matters together: Interpreting books by altering them in different sculptural ways.
Her book sculptures are/were decorations of stores in Germany (book stores), Italy (international interiors trade „Salone del mobile“ in Milan), Netherlands (Headquarter of Tommy Hilfiger in Amsterdam), Saudi Arabia (interiors showroom „Gallery Design“ in Riyadh), Hongkong (Starbucks in the K11 Art Mall).
Her Book Art and Paper Jewelry is carried in Boutiques, Galleries and Museum Shops in various cities and countries, such as Germany, Italy, Denmark, Finland (Finnish national gallery in Helsinki), Australia, United Kingdom, U.S: New York, Los Angeles, Cleveland (Museum Of Contemporary Art: MOCA).
At the Berlinale 2014 her jewelry was worn by the hostesses of the „Deutsche Telekom“. 4 of her book objects are included in the book „500 Paper Objects: New Directions in Paper Art“, published by Lark Crafts, May 2013.
You can have a look at her creations here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/dorisse.