- 1x (Normal)
What You Will Learn1:45
About This Class
In this class you will learn a lot about using layers with acrylics and mixed media. Layers are the key to creating intersting artwork by adding depth to your subjects. The lessons will demonstrate the basic idea of using layers and will open you up to how you can easily improve your artwork.
I will give you two examples of working in layers which are described below:
1. Working with mixed media - basically having fun & creating expressively.
2. Dark beginning
These are just two examples of painting in layers - there are many options. My goal with this class is to demonstrate two and hopefully it will open you up to thinking differently about how you approach your artwork.
Class Projects 4 See All
46 of 48 students recommendSee All
Watching Robert work is always fascinating. He inspires me to study the mediums and practice techniques, because he is so expert. He always manages to pull a cool picture out of what often appears to be a bit of a mess along the way. Worth watching!
one of my many painting flaws is depth. Really enjoy watching how Robert is able to do it effortlessly.
Full time paintslinger from Richmond, Virginia specializing in acrylic & mixed media paintings. Best known for my signature loose brushwork and carefree approach to creating abstract style artwork.
- Official Artist 2012 Kentucky Derby
- Arlington Horse Race Track Chicago
- National Pastime Baseball Museum
- Art On Carnival Cruise Ships
- 555 Fahrenheit Restaurants
- Art on sitcom Modern Family
- Artwork on sitcom The Odd Couple
- Artwork in movie Tracers
- 2013 Mixed Media Instructor Strathmore Papers
- Shenton Valley Vineyards Wine Label
- Art in Polo Resort – upscale hotel In Hong Kong
Website : ROBERTJOYNERARTIST.COM