- 1x (Normal)
Project and Materials2:38
Creating The Framework4:39
Adding Detail Part 16:28
Adding Detail Part 25:50
Adding Detail Part 35:19
Inking Your Design5:52
About This Class
In this class I will take you step by step through the stages of drawing an 8" Mandala.
What you will need
- the desire to learn
- no drawing experience required
What you will learn
- How to use a pencil and compass to create a basic symmetrical framework
- Ideas on how to fill in hand drawn elements to fill your framework one section at a time
- Use felt tip pen and markers to ink your design and then add depth with line variety and intricate details
- a community of people, including myself, working on the same project with their own unique styles and the chance to share and interact with others while you learn what your drawing style is.
- Encouragement as you learn to use drawing as a great form of creative expression and relaxation.
Class Projects 15 See All
Illustrator, Designer and Hand Drawing Enthusiast
Working as a professional pattern designer, textile artist and illustrator over the last 20 years, I have enjoyed sharing my passion for creativity and encouraging others to explore creativity in all areas of their lives.
I enjoy finding ways to encourage and help people to use creativity for both relaxation and productivity and for just plain fun. My goal is to design and share fun and creative, hand drawing exercises that prove just how simple it can be. Most of my classes only require a pencil, paper and pen.
I find there is nothing like the relaxing sensation of a pencil gliding across the paper making your ideas come to life. I love exploring all mediums and am always trying to push the boundaries in new methods of design, but no matter what, I always come back to pencil and paper.
Visit me at my website and blog to see more of my creative process www.jspcreate.com
Keep in touch with me by sharing your class inspired designs with me @jspcreate or #jspcreate. I love seeing your creations and sharing in your daily creativity
Jane has been creating in the field of design and textile patterns for over 20 years and most recently has had her mandala designs published in two colouring books available at both your local and online booksellers. Check out more on her books here www.jspcreate.com/books-and-publications