- 1x (Normal)
BoM 2016 introduction3:43
Making block one using squares - with nested seams5:36
Block two using half square triangles, HSTs with nested seams2:15
About This Class
I’m back with a series of short classes.
Each class in the series I will introduce new quilting blocks starting from the simple squares to more advance techniques.
There will be a total of nine blocks measuring 16-inch square.
The techniques I will cover in the series include applique, curve piecing, foundation piecing, paper piecing, and two types of triangles.
The final two classes will be on how to make a quilt top and complete the quilt.
You can follow me to make a large quilt or you can use the blocks to make a cushion cover. Instructions to make the cushion cover you can view in my first class: Introduction to Quilting: Make Your Own Patchwork.
The quilt top will have three blocks across and three blocks down. It will measure approximately 74-inch square. I plan to make it bigger so that it will cover my queen size bed.
The yardage for each fabric required to make the quilt is an estimation on the high side. Once I have completed the quilt, I will adjust the numbers. If you want to follow me now, it’s better to have a bit more than less fabric.
- for the print you will need 2.5 meters plus 4 meters if you want to make it bigger
- for the background (mine is white) you will need 3.5 meters
- the plain which will be mainly be used for the sashing you will need 2 meters
- you will need 0.5 meters for the binding or the framing of the quilt. Usually it will be one of the fabrics used at the top or the backing.
- you will need 5 meters for the backing. It does not have to be the same as the print used for the quilt top
- preferably cotton batting for the middle layer of the quilt
I hope you will follow through the whole series and make your own quilt.
It is recommended to follow the class, Introduction to Quilting: Make Your Own Patchwork. It covers the tools required and the basic techniques in cutting, pressing, and joining the pieces.
I am the owner of Zarina Craft, the place where I sell my handmade items. Currently, my craft is more fabric based. My first wholesale ‘partner’ is with The Batik Boutique which I make for them baby quilts, bookmarks, snack pack sets, and table runner sets.
In December 2015, my first book VARIASI SENI ASAS JAHITAN QUILT has been published by Karangkraf. At the moment, you can only get the book from Malaysia. I am looking for any resellers outside Malaysia.
My vision for my small craft business is to continue making quilts. How I fell in love with quilts began in my primary school years. My father did his doctorate and brought the whole family. I remembered my mum will go to some craft classes and she brought home a few hand-quilted items that enchanted me. She would also collect quilting books and magazines.
You can find me at:
- Contact number (Whatsapps) : 60 16 222 2004
- Email : [email protected]
- Blog : concerningzarina.wordpress.com
- FaceBook : Zarina Craft
- Instagram: zarina_craft