- 1x (Normal)
All my business and marketing courses1:29
Two reasons to check for a trademark2:32
Difference between a trademark, copyright, and a patent4:09
Lets explore USPTO2:29
Using Trademark Electronic Search System TESS to look up existing trademarks 18:22
Using Trademark Electronic Search System TESS to look up existing trademarks 27:24
Should you register a trademark Pros and cons3:54
About This Class
In this course you will learn how to look up trademarks, and determine whether your website, app, podcast or any other kind of a brand infringes on another trademark.
It is extremely important to check for existing trademarks before you start any kind of business
You may not be planning to get a trademark of your own, but you absolutely must determine whether the company name or brand you are planning to create will infringe on another existing trademark. If it will, you may have to re-do your entire website and all the branding that you posted all over the web. That would be an absolute nightmare, and this course helps you avoid all that.
Save money on not having to hire a lawyer
if you had to consult with a lawyer every time you needed to check whether you would be infringing on another trademark, it would quickly become expensive! Knowing how to do it on your own saves you A LOT of money and time!
What are the requirements?
- This is for United States businesses only
- Please have enough English skills to follow the course lectures. There are not subtitles in this course
What am I going to get from this course?
- Look up existing trademarks
- Decide if your brand is infringing on an existing trademark
- Better understand if you need to get a trademark for your own brand
- Save money on having to hire a lawyer for looking up trademarks
- Decrease risk of infringing on another company's trademark and having to rebrand which would waste a lot of money and time
- Become a more skillful and knowlegible entrepreneur
- Know the difference between a patent, trademark and copyright
What is the target audience?
- Entrepreneurs starting a business
- Anyone with a website, blog, podcast or YouTube channel
- Business owners
3-time best selling Amazon author, creator of top entrepreneur mobile apps, and host of a popular business and marketing channel on YouTube.
I am the creator of the Problemio business apps which are some of the top mobile apps for planning and starting a business with 1,000,000+ downloads across iOS, Android and Kindle.
I am also an author of three business books (marketing to reach 1,000,000 people, on starting a business, and on the mobile app business).
I am also a business coach. On my apps and in my private coaching practice I have helped over 1,000 entrepreneurs. That means I can probably help you quite a bit as well.
My areas of expertise are mobile apps, software engineering, marketing (SEO and social), and entrepreneurship.