The 4 Hour Workday Free class
- 1x (Normal)
What is the 4 hour workday?2:05
From time equals money to doing the right work equals money.3:36
With time is money I made $20 per hour at most on average.2:22
With doing the right work I make over $1,000 per hour of work.3:44
How do you know what the right work is to do?6:18
My workflow with tracking the progress I make each day with Microsoft Excel.6:16
The 4 hour workday is one I practice 7 days per week.4:29
Only 4 hours to work forces me to look carefully at what I am doing.4:22
Perfectionism cannot stand up to limited amounts of time to work.6:34
Breaks are easy to take with less hours of work!2:31
Spending money to work more effectively is now a given.5:31
Having less time to work forces me to face my limitations and work with others.8:11
Accepting the things I cannot change is mandatory with less time to work.6:20
Saying no and respecting myself is much easier with less time to work.9:16
The purpose of working less is to make time for a balanced life.5:09
When doing knowledge and creative work, a balanced life means better quality.7:49
This system is tolerant of problems that come up.4:34
I never have to say I am busy anymore! Take a look at my schedule!6:02
Working a little every day is best for long term memory.3:07
Is 4 hours a day or 28 hours per week is not enough time?4:42
How can you do this with a job and a family?5:14
What about other people working 60 hours a week and doing great things?2:37
About This Class
If you want to work less and get more out of the time you spend working, I think you might love this course! For most of my life, I thought time was money until I read books like Rich Dad: Poor Dad and The Four Hour Workweek. Those books inspired me to create a 4 hour workday for myself that I explain in this course!
While it took me reading a lot of books and doing a lot of testing in my own life, you can use what already works for me because it is simply based on knowing yourself and tracking what you do. None of the books I read specifically provided a formula to do the right amount of work each day which is why I made this course!
If you are tired of feeling limited by the idea that time is money, you can take this course as a way out. I show how in my life, time and money are only related because some time is necessary to get results. Beyond the absolute minimum of time that is needed, most of waste nearly an eternity doing things that are unnecessary often based on fear. When you face fear and move through it, the right work is all that is left and 4 hours per day is more than enough time to do it!
When you are hoping to stop telling everyone you are busy and start feeling free to do what you really want to today, you might be inspired by this course to try doing things the same way that is so effective for me. I was inspired by a lot of people before you to set my life up the way it is today based on their experiences. You can continue doing this with me when you take this course!
Thank you very much for reading this and I hope to see you in the course soon!
Help me reach 3,000 followers on Skillshare by following me today! Followers receive first access to the new classes I create DAILY here on the topics listed below and more!
- Facebook ads and marketing learned by growing my Facebook page to over 2 million likes!
- YouTube channel success strategies learned by building my YouTube channel to 89,000+ subscribers.
- Google AdWords tutorials learned by spending $100,000+ on my own advertisements on Google.
- Teaching online learned on YouTube with 10+ million views on my YouTube videos and on Udemy where I had 170,000+ students before being banned!
- A daily workflow system for creativity that I have used to make over 2,000 videos online in two years.
- Building a great Skillshare teaching community on a daily basis with new classes!
- Steps for creating and building your own freelancing business online selling products, serving clients, and doing affiliate marketing.
- Investing and trading cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin and ethereum as a hobby while earning a better than average return!
- What works most effectively to make money online based on my experience earning more than a million dollars freelancing from my home office in the first five years of starting my business.
- The complete system I use to run a business that is the best real job I have ever had online as seen at https://jerrybanfield.com/resources.
Do you have Skillshare Premium?
- Skillshare Premium is required to view most of my courses.
- I have a Skillshare Premium subscription that gives me unlimited access to all Skillshare courses for just $0.99 for the first three months and then $96 a year after that which is just $8 per month! This is how I prefer to take online courses because I complete payment once and then I am able to learn from anyone at my own pace! This is SO much easier than repeatedly buying once course after another and then feeling guilty if I do not actually watch it.
- Join me as a premium skillshare member for $0.99 a month for the first three months at https://www.skillshare.com/r/jerrybanfield.
How did you get here with me?
In 2005 while I was in college at the University of South Carolina, I tried to start working online. I signed up for an MLM program and a survey website. A month later, I had refunds from both and figured working online was not possible because everything was a scam. The truth was I was afraid to fail again.
In 2011, I moved in with my wife and launched an online business focusing on video game addiction in an attempt to avoid dealing with any of my other problems. In a few months, I changed my business to selling tshirts because I realized there was no money in video game addiction. A year after starting my business, I dropped out of my criminology PHD program at the University of South Florida to run my business full time which by then had changed to helping clients with Facebook and Google ads based on my experience failing to do them successfully for myself.
In 2013, I starting sharing everything I knew for free on YouTube because I hoped it would help me get more clients. By April 2014, I was nearly bankrupt after failing at 15+ different business models. I was also nearly dead from trying to drink the pain away and fortunately the fear of death motivated me to get into recovery. Being in recovery motivated me to focus more on being of true service to others and less on what I would get out of it. I started making courses online with Udemy which soon turned into my first real business. I partnered with as many talented instructors as I could and learned from top instructors how to get my courses the most sales.
In 2015, I tried making some inspirational videos sharing what I learned in recovery and got an amazing response on YouTube. To make the background on my videos more interesting, I started making the inspirational videos while playing video games. To make a more helpful website, I hired a freelancer to convert the videos into blog posts including this about page originally.
By 2016, the Udemy courses I was teaching had made nearly $2 million dollars in sales with me receiving over $600,000 of that. Things went so well on Udemy that Udemy decided to launch a new pricing policy in April 2016 that reduced sales by 80% sitewide which encouraged many instructors to leave. Since I did not take the hint, Udemy chose to ban me based on what they said were policy violations despite my best efforts to work within the rules. Now I am recording audio books on Audible and teaching all my new video courses here on Skillshare as well as on my website!
Thank you for reading this and I hope you enjoy my courses!