Quit the Rat Race. Be your Own Boss. Start Consulting Today Free class
- 1x (Normal)
Module 1: Brief Introduction6:31
Module 2: Defining your Service Offering3:36
Module 3: Getting Started: Pitching your Services4:29
Module 4: Marketing and Establishing your Expert Authority3:31
Module 5: Getting your First Opportunity Contractor vs5:09
Module 7: Demonstrating your Consulting Skills4:10
Module 6: Getting Real First Client2:20
Module 9: Wrapping up your First Engagement3:44
Module 8: Managing the Backoffice2:48
Module 10: Reading Recommended Books on Consulting6:28
Module 11 Finding Online Networking and Freelance Marketplaces14:54
Module 12: Bonus Taking Next Steps1:28
About This Class
Quit the Rat Race. Be your Own Boss. Start Consulting Today
This is an introductory class for every one who's looking to quit the rat race of a full time job, long commutes, unrewarding long hours on the job to having your own consulting business based on your years of experience and the wealth of skills you've built over the years.
Making the jump is not easy let alone starting a small business based on your own expertise.
I will share with you the critical success factors and steps to get started.
Learn how to get started in consulting
- First steps to take
- What it means to be a consultant vs a full time employee
- How to market and sell your services
- Critical success factors you should adopt as you start your consulting practice
- How to manage client expectations and stay several steps ahead of those around you.
- The key critical service action items that will help you retain clients, get multiple referrals and repeat business
The course consists of 12 modules:
Module 1: Brief Introduction
Module 2: Defining your Service Offering
Module 3: Getting Started: Pitching your Services
Module 4: Marketing and Establishing your Expert Authority
Module 5: Getting your First Opportunity: Contractor vs. Consultant
Module 6: Getting Real: First Client
Module 7: Demonstrating your Consulting Skills
Module 8: Managing the Backoffice
Module 9: Wrapping up your First Engagement
Module 10: Reading Recommended Books on Consulting
Module 11: Finding Online Networking and Freelance Marketplaces
Module 12: Bonus: Taking Next Steps
- You know how companies struggle with getting their messages across to their employees, customers, partners and Wall Street.
I solve that
I work with these companies to put together a team that charts an integrated communications and leadership development plan and then we implement the plan through a consulting engagement.
Here is a high level overview of our engagement process:
- We start by netting down your messages to its highest level of clarity
- Then we look at how to align the leadership team around it
- Then we put the leadership team through facilitated interactions to help them develop their ability to deliver these messages with clarity, enthusiasm and impact to all stakeholders starting with their own teams.
- Take action today if you'd like to get this process started for your organization.
- The team I bring together includes several disciplines
- Corporate communications
- High impact leadership communications
- Leadership development
- Inclusion and diversity
- Strategy consultants
- Executive coaches: speech delivery, voice and content coaching
Ash Seddeek is a business success and leadership coach, speaker and author. Ash worked for fortune 500 companies such as Deloitte Consulting, Oracle, BroadVision, and Cisco Systems on leadership development, strategic account manager sales training and strategic content for large scale corporate communications experiences such as Cisco Global Sales Experience and the Partner Summit with 25000 annual attendees. Ash also founded Fremont Consulting, a boutique contract staffing and consulting firm that he developed into a 7-figure revenue business with benchmark clients including HP, SAP America, HGST and, Trustmetrics among others.
Ash is the author of the forthcoming book: MEANING: How Leaders Create Meaning and Clarity during Times of Crisis and Opportunity. You can get his first book: Start with a Vision: How Leaders Envision a Better Future and Show Others How to Get there on Amazon