- 1x (Normal)
1 Welcome To The Course1:25
2 What is the importance of social media branding and design?1:14
3 What can we optimise on each social media channel4:07
4 Why is it important to have a consistent look and feel?1:26
5 What's the right username for my business5:27
6 How to create a custom Facebook URL2:33
7 How do we change usernames?2:52
8 How to we create consistent usernames1:21
9 Let's look at your usernames1:31
10 What do I need to consider when updating my page profile picture4:09
11 Cover Images3:07
12 Free tools7:41
13 Are you images up to scratch1:49
15 What needs to be included in the about us section7:59
16 Is your about us section optimised1:13
17 Additional Optimisations6:01
18 Thank You1:04
About This Class
Do you want to be able to design your social media channels like an expert?
Do your social media channels need a design overhaul? Are you about to set up social media channels and want to make sure they look professional?
This course runs through everything you need to know when working on the branding and design of your Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Instagram channels.
The course covers how to pick a username, what to consider and what to include when you’re creating a profile picture and cover image, and what the essentials are when creating your social media description or bio.
Why take this course?
Do you want to make your social media channels look like they've been professionally designed?
Would you like to make it easier for your customers to find your social media channels?
Do you want to make your social media channels more effective at coming up in search?
Are you worried you’re losing customers because your social media channels don’t look well-designed?
Would you like to know the free tools that can help design your social media channels?
In this course:
In this course, you will learn to optimise your social media channels, looking at the usernames and descriptions in terms of audiences, SEO and accessibility. You will look at your images including profile pictures and cover images, including how to leverage them for brand exposure and as an additional marketing tool.
About your course instructor:
Rachel Beaney is a social media specialist, having worked for nearly a decade in the digital media space. She’s worked on social media campaigns for big names like Microsoft, Aussie Home Loans, Network Ten, MasterChef Australia and more.
Rachel is passionate about teaching and helping people get the most out of digital and social media for their businesses.
Who is this course for?
Are you a small business owner looking for tips on how to make your social media channels pop without spending a lot of cash?
Are you in marketing manager who runs a brand social media channel that needs an overhaul?
Are you a social media manager juggling too many accounts and you’re after some ideas to help see your channels in a fresh way?
What the course is covers:
- How to select a username that is findable by both customers and SEO across Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
- You will learn what to consider when designing your profile picture across all key social networks
- You will learn what to include in your Cover image or background image and how often to update it.
- You will learn how to use cover images for promotions and additional information about your business.
- You will find out about free tools and resources to help you design your social media images.
- You will learn about the little-known features to switch on Facebook to give your customers more opportunities to get in touch.
Take the course:
Before we jump into it, this course does not include social media day-to-day management tips or social media strategy. This is looking exclusively at how to make your social media channels look their best.
And, of course, if you don't like the course for any reason, you can request a full refund within the first 30 days, no questions asked.
What are the requirements?
- You will need a computer or smartphone
- You need a basic understanding of social media channels
- You will either already have business social media channels set up, or are thinking of launching some.
- You’re ready to breathe new life into your social media channels.
What are you going to get from this course?
- 2 hours of lectures and 21 courses
- Understand how to select usernames keeping search in mind
- Understand how to create business profile pictures that are relevant to your business, clear and captivating.
- Understand how to design profile cover images and see how they can be used as a marketing tool
- Learn where to go for free tools and resources to design your social media cover images without knowing graphic design
- Understand how to write your description and bio areas to ensure it is relevant to multiple audiences
- Learn about additional tools that can be leveraged on social media channels like Facebook to give your businesses more opportunities for a sale.
- See case studies in how other small businesses brand their Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest account for their social media for marketing.
Who is the target audience?
- Do you revise your social media branding for your small business so you can increase your social media marketing?
- Do you need to increase your personal branding using social media?
- Do you have a small business and you need to refresh your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest designs?
Username Audit Spreadsheet (XLS download)
Social Media Design Case Studies (PDF download)
Essential Branding Checklist (PDF download)
Rachel Beaney is a freelance digital media specialist, with a wide variety of experience in creating multimedia projects, social media and online content.
She has worked as an editor, a social strategist, on social media execution, community management and real-time social media integration. She is fluent in creating engaging content, with a solid technical understanding of the web.
She’s worked on social media campaigns for big names like Microsoft, Aussie Home Loans, Network Ten, MasterChef Australia and more.
Rachel is passionate about teaching in a friendly and accessible way and helping people get the most out of digital and social media for their businesses.
Rachel lives in Sydney, Australia and in her spare time, creates clay animation.