Get the Job/Hired! Cover Letters to Make to Include with Your Resume: Everything You Need to Know! Premium class
- 1x (Normal)
The Only Thing That Matters When Writing A Cover Letter is...12:38
Cover Letter Overview2:13
The Changing Career Cover Letter (and Email Script if Applicable)6:49
The I am a Student Cover Letter (and Email Script if Applicable)7:21
The I'm Not a Student & I'm Not Changing Careers Cover Letter (& Email Script)6:50
About This Class
We will talk about how to make an incredibly passionate, simple and effective cover letter in this course, which will accompany your resume and materially increase your chances of getting the interview/job. There are 5 lectures in this course as follows:
- Lecture 1: The Only Thing That Matters When Writing A Cover Letter is... How to materially increase the chances of getting a meeting using a cover letter by appealing to people that are very similar to you and that are living your perfect life in 10 years....today. You will understand after this lecture, which should help lead to a breakthrough that will help you to get interviews or informationals.
- Lecture 2: Cover Letter Overview. We discuss the overview of using a cover letter. I will include several templates in the next few lectures that you can use if you want to write a cover letter (or if someone requests a cover letter from you).
- Lecture 3: The Changing Career Cover Letter (and Email Script if Applicable). In this lecture I will explain how to download the 'changing careers cover letter' and the 'changing careers email script' documents that we discuss in this section. You can use these templates if you want to.
- Lecture 4: The I am a Student Cover Letter (and Email Script if Applicable). In this lecture I will explain how to download the 'student cover letter' and the 'student email script' documents that we discuss in this section. You can use these templates if you want to.
- Lecture 5: The I'm Not a Student & I'm Not Changing Careers Cover Letter (& Email Script): In this lecture I will explain how to download the 'I'm not a student and I'm not changing careers email script' documents that we discuss in this section. You can use these templates if you want to.
Chris Haroun, Founder and Managing Partner
Haroun Education Ventures
Chris Haroun is venture capitalist and the Founder/CEO of Haroun Education Ventures. He is also an award winning business school professor, MBA graduate from Columbia University and former Goldman Sachs employee. He has raised/managed over $1bn in his career. He also has work experience at hedge fund giant Citadel, consulting firm Accenture, and several firms that he has started, including an investment firm that had a venture capital / private investment in Facebook several years before the Facebook IPO. He is currently a venture partner at a prominent San Francisco Bay Area technology venture capital firm and writes several articles per week in Inc. magazine
Chris is the author of "101 Crucial Lessons They Don't Teach You In Business School. " Forbes recently called this book '1 of 6 books that all entrepreneurs must read right now'.
He is also the author of "The Ultimate Practical Business Manual: Everything You Need to Know About Business (from Launching a Company to Taking it Public)", and 6 other business books, which are all available in book and electronic format from Amazon, where his books are ranked in the top 5 best selling business education category books on Amazon' ebook website (first is a Warren Buffett book).
Chris is also a frequent guest lecturer at several Bay Area business schools including Berkeley and Stanford. He has written numerous articles and has been interviewed in Forbes, VentureBeat, Entrepreneur Magazine, Wired Magazine, AlleyWatch and Radio Television Hong Kong (RTHK) which is Hong Kong's oldest and sole public service broadcaster. He has his own entrepreneurship column in Inc. magazine.
He has an MBA in Finance from Columbia University and a Bachelor of Commerce Degree with a major in Management Information Systems and International Business from McGill University where he is a McGill University Dobson Fellow. He has founded several companies and he serves on the boards of several Bay Area technology companies and charities and he lives in Hillsborough, California.
Chris Haroun's goal is to "make business education impactful and entertaining with no boring theory; edutainment works!"