GET BLOGGING! - using medium for the cost of a domain name. Premium class
- 1x (Normal)
1.0 - introduction0:58
1.1 - what is medium1:19
1.2 - publications and letters1:14
1.3 - creating linked graphical footers1:44
1.4 - medium over wordpress2:03
1.5 - the roundup0:59
1.6 - *BONUS* five minutes around medium5:19
1.7 - share and review (...)0:12
About This Class
so over the years I've been asked the question about blogging a lot.. . . something normally along the lines of the following.
- I want to make a fashion blog
- I want to put my photos up for free somewhere
- how should I promote my courses
- I don't want to pay for hosting
- I don't want to learn anything, I'm not a geek.
so much so that I thought I would make a small course about my suggestion for blogging (in 2016 at least) of where you should host your blog if you're looking to keep the costs low but you want something reliable that can be seen by a broad audience and that plugs into twitter already.
in this course about medium (super quick in twenty minutes to give you a bit of a taste of what to expect) blogging I look at the feature set and why setting up on medium is a really low cost way of blogging from your own domain name with only the ongoing cost of your domain name to really worry about.
we cover the following areas.
- apart from the price of a domain name, you could be blogging for free!
- video embeds, free picture hosting without the worry of cost
- linking your domain name to medium is free
- building publications, run your own mini news site for your team/community
- why the medium is more powerful as a blogging platform than WordPress
- power tips of using the platform with graphics and links for your online courses.
Class Projects 2 See All
4 of 4 students recommendSee All
I'm Phil from England and i make courses every month. ..
focused online wisdom sharer, digital course maker & internet strategist teaching anyone that wants to efficiently learn digital skills and tools often free software based in the cloud - twenty plus years of expertise with all things digital and covering the latest trends today!
» Click to »
I love to create and share. inspire others to benefit to use technology for good. I touch on lots of areas from an optimization perspective. my courses are meant for you to watch on your commute, plane, train or automobile!
- assist you with the knowledge to optimize areas of your digital life
- hands-on practitioner skills
- provide you with free and paid courses
- most courses are #donein20 - be in and out in twenty minutes
- live on and off grid working remotely to share the journey
- barter my time and skills for equal services and information
------ my backstory ------
currently saving to buy a laser cutter for co-working and co-creation pod called apiary and get mobile driving a vw t5 transporter across the uk and europe
helped lifecast from sleepydog get into the first apple app store to be part of the first 500 apps ever launched worldwide – proud social media moment.
bought a domain, me.dm (me-d-em) and ever since I’ve bartered my time as a transmedia digital artist in the social media realm. a brand advocate for word of mouth agencies from behind the lens of a mobile phone or camera.
------ my backstory ------
my courses on skillshare so far
- Logitech C920 Webcam Setup Tips on the Mac » http://skl.sh/1Xc2AC0 [torrent]
- Making a Skillshare Course – My Process Shared » http://skl.sh/1XEbOIm [torrent]
- Building a WordPress Traffic Generation Network » http://skl.sh/1RJSJvi [torrent]
- Virtual Worker Income – Cambly, VidMob and Fiverr » http://skl.sh/1ZoXMrd [torrent]
- What can Slack Do? – The Slack Primer » http://skl.sh/1ZjMXqc [torrent]
- The Brand Advocate Primer – Promote, Empower & Engage » http://skl.sh/1ZphkLY [torrent]
- The Long Tail of Vanity Urls – Buying and Selling » http://skl.sh/1YpBHu3 [torrent]
- Amplifying your Twitter Promotion with Twibble.io » http://skl.sh/1ZRwj1w [torrent]
- E-Residency is Awesome – The Why » http://skl.sh/29xkgrF [torrent]
- DIY Digital Promotion Tools for Building Referrals » http://skl.sh/29BexNo
- Distributing Digital Content Using BitTorrent Now » http://skl.sh/29P1g4K
- Using Medium for the Cost of a Domain Name » http://skl.sh/29UiKfR
- Making Closed Captions – Youtube + Rev + Fiver » http://skl.sh/29TpTyJ
- Pokemon Go for Parents » http://skl.sh/29JsicX
- HD Vine Videos Practitioner Guide » http://skl.sh/2a98eVM
- Setup FB Instant Articles + Google Amp + Wordpress » http://skl.sh/2abOdxU
- #SSSVEDA Tips for Surviving a Video Blogging Month » http://skl.sh/2avaX6
- ‘Beyond the Vine’ Beta Overview & Guide » http://skl.sh/2aN4xTI
- Using SoundCloud as your Podcast Host » http://skl.sh/2aHmViU
- Practitioner Guide for 60 Second Instagram Video »http://skl.sh/2aDMXy9
- Optimising your Connection for Video Chats » http://skl.sh/2aEdX07
- Protect ‘Yo Self – VPN & USB Blockers » http://skl.sh/2bMP4nl
- Getting Started with Instagram Stories » http://skl.sh/2bnOApE
- Worlds Cheapest Cloud Backup & Dropshare 4 Walkthrough » http://skl.sh/2bqGHzV
- Automated Live Video Stream with Audience Development 24/7 » http://skl.sh/2bLh3Uf
- 20 Awesome Web Tools – Get Productive! [pt1] » http://skl.sh/2c3ozba
- Using Text Expander to Become a Keyboard Ninja » http://skl.sh/2buqidu
- Things to Consider Before Co-Working » http://skl.sh/2cglUKz
- Digital Nomad Six Areas of Concentration » http://skl.sh/2bYXQhL
- Getting your Environment Ready for Digital Course Making » http://skl.sh/2cnmhUm
- Day Trading Attention with Digital Platforms » http://skl.sh/2cnCXLi