Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes are High Premium class
- 1x (Normal)
Why We Don't Speak Up3:41
Master My Stories—Part 15:56
Master My Stories—Part 24:10
Choose the Right Conversation6:54
Make it Safe7:59
About This Class
Learn how to dramatically improve your ability to have crucial conversations in your personal and professional life. In this 30-minute class, best-selling author Joseph Grenny shares insights from 30 years of research watching crucial conversations around the world.
You’ll learn to:
- identify the conversations that are holding you back from the results you want.
- talk about the right issue to avoid "déjà vu dialogue."
- get your emotions in check before you open your mouth.
- create enough safety to talk with almost anyone about almost anything.
This class is perfect for professionals at any level and anyone who has tough conversations with other humans.
Additional Resources and Next Steps
- Crucial Skills Newsletter weekly tips: Continue to improve by taking advantage of weekly tips delivered straight to your inbox. Each week my fellow authors and I answer your questions, share tips, and provide advice on mastering crucial conversations. Get the Newsletter
- Attend a full Crucial Conversations course: this mini series covered a small portion of the entire skill set that you can learn and use. Learn More About the Training
- Crucial Conversations book: read the New York Times best-selling book that has sold over 3 million copies. Get the Book
Class Projects 42 See All
141 of 141 students recommendSee All
I've been a certified Crucial Conversations trainer since 2014. Not only have I seen the skills taught in this workshop change our organizational dynamics, but it has had a significant impact on my personal relationships as well. This is a must watch course for today, not tomorrow.
Feel free to use your brain.
Brought more light and clarity to the subject of tricky conversations in a well structured manner. I recommend this to anyone interest in broadening there knowledge on the subject..
The most interesting questions in the world to me have to do human beings: Why we do what we do? How we can help ourselves and others change? Human behavior is endlessly fascinating to me. So, for the last 30 years, I’ve been trying to help people use good social science research to change their lives and companies for the better.
Through thousands of hours of research, one thing I’ve found is that one of the moments of greatest impact on our results and relationships are the moments when we need to have to address an emotionally or politically risky topic—a crucial conversation. These moments tend to make or break everything in our lives. My goal has been to help people dramatically improve their results through improving their ability to hold these conversations in their workplace, with their families, and in their communities.
My colleagues and I have published our research in four New York Times bestselling books: Crucial Conversations, Crucial Accountability, Influencer, and Change Anything. We founded a company called VitalSmarts to help deliver these skills through training courses and we've taught millions throughout the world.
My family and I live in Utah.