- 1x (Normal)
What is Copywriting?7:15
Audience: What to Ask and Why6:12
Classic Structures: Frameworks10:58
Classic Structures: Principles (Part I)5:02
Classic Structures: Principles (Part II)6:12
Headlines: Analyzing What Works9:18
Headlines: Purpose, Types, and Upworthy8:18
Copy: Features and Benefits5:28
Short vs. Long Copy3:28
Improving Your Skills4:46
About This Class
Write a smart sales pitch. Prompt real action.
This class is because writing matters. Master your copywriting voice with entrepreneur Jack Zerby’s pithy playbook for inspiring action through words. This 75-minute class spans the history of sales letters as well as how to identify audiences, harness popular writing formulas, and create engaging headlines. Jack challenges us to improve our copywriting skills by spending just a few minutes writing every day. It's a class for everyone with a message to share.
Watch 12 short video lessons.
In entertaining and progressive units, you'll learn the principles, tactics, and writing frameworks that copywriters have been using since 1930. Why? Because they work!
- Intro to Copywriting. Use time-tested principles from legends like Robert Collier, Gary Halbert, and Dan Kennedy. Find out what makes copywriting a matter of both science and sales.
- The Market and Audience. Uncover what matters to your readers and learn how to leverage that knowledge in your writing.
- Popular Frameworks and Principles. Learn classic, structured writing frameworks that create emotion, build suspense, and prompt reader action.
- Headlines and Copy. Learn how to identify, write, and test effective headlines as well as how to craft features-and-benefits copy that prompts reader action.
- Advice on Length and Practice. Learn exercises for writing like the best copywriters of all time.
Learn by doing.
Write an eye-catching headline and 500–1500 words of ad copy that resonates with the needs of your audience and aligns with a classic copywriting framework.
Class Projects 9 See All
122 of 126 students recommendSee All
This class broke down copywriting in ways no other class has done before. Usually copywriting classes have something about using you, addressing names, etc. But this one touches on the psychology and why different frameworks and styles of copy work, too. Plus the examples are great so you can see these concepts in real life and see how they work.
Jack is the Founder and Designer of Flavors.me and Goodsie. His products have appeared in Forbes, NY Times, TechCrunch, Fast Company, and Time Magazine. He was the former Design Director at Vimeo, where he led the design of Vimeo Pro, Groups, Channels, and HD. He was also a designer at Pentagram Design, Frog Design and RG/A.