4 Steps to Prep: How to Plan for Purposeful and Easy Classroom Engagement Premium class
- 1x (Normal)
Why Change How You Train?14:38
Are You Ready to Change?1:29
Step 1: Identifying Need to Know vs Nice to Know4:02
Step 2: Planning Your Purposeful Questions7:16
Step 3: Designing Activities7:27
Step 4: Creating a Strong Opening1:51
BONUS: Group Leader Duel activity7:56
About This Class
Engaging your students doesn't have to be scary. You can do it - easiy and confidently. In a way that actually helps them remember more of your content. In a way that allows you - and them - to have fun. And all without losing control of the classroom.
But to get there, you've got to do some work up front. This course walks you through everything you need to know and do to prepare for a truly engaging classroom experience.
- Identifying the content you should cover
- Designing Purposeful Questions and activities that pull out the key takeaways
- Writing your opening in a manner that answers the question, What's In It For Me?
I work with learning professionals who are feeling stuck in their teaching, struggling to get better engagement from their students or looking for creative ways to enhance their training content.
I show them how to purposefully engage their students, deliver their content in unexpected ways and create a memorable learning experience. It's what I call The EMU Experience.
EMU is an acronym for:
But it's not just for teachers and trainers! If you are delivering a presentation, running a meeting or facilitating an event (large or small), there is something you want your audience to learn, right? I can help you apply The EMU Experience in these environments as well.
There are quite a few Ken Brown's in the world. What makes me so special?
- I’ve got 27 years experience in the classroom: as an adjunct university instructor, instructional designer and facilitator.
- I have designed and facilitated multiple training workshops, team-building and employee-engagement events.
- I’ve trained over 700 instructors on Facilitation techniques and have impacted thousands of students as a result.
- I am considered a go-to resource when a creative solution is required.
- I am a certified MBTI practitioner.
- I have two M.S. Degrees.
What do you want to accomplish...together?
So, are you ready to put in the hard work? If you're looking to add more engagement in your training and do it in unexpected and memorable ways, I'd love to help you. That's what I do best.