Timelapse Photography II: The Art of Hyperlapse
- 1x (Normal)
Motion Types and Anchor Points2:12
Hyperlapse Shooting Techniques2:47
Stabilizing with YouTube2:50
Advanced Stabilizing in Adobe After Effects8:22
About This Class
Welcome to Timelapse Photography II: The Art of Hyperlapse
Camera motion is arguably the most impressive addition to any timelapse movie. Where timelapse adds the dimension of time, hyperlapse adds the dimension of depth. Hyperlapse is the ultimate form of motion timelapse with camera motion that covers long distances.
Usually the addition of camera motion requires expensive equipment like motorized dollies or belt-driven camera sliders. Hyperlapse is extremely accessible and requires no special equipment. Anyone with a digital camera can create a professional, high definition hyperlapse movie.
Timelapse Photography II: The Art of Hyperlapse is the second part of a three course series on timelapse photography. Students will create a hyperlapse, a specialized timelapse with camera motion over long distances.
In the final course, Timelapse Photography III: Seamless Day to Night, students create a sunset timelapse that seamlessly transitions from day to night.
What You'll Learn
- Hyperlapse Motion Types and Anchor Points. Pre-planning motion and camera setup.
- Hyperlapse Shooting Techniques. Executing the hyperlapse shoot and techniques for the smoothest motion.
- Hyperlapse Stabilization Methods. Compiling and stabilizing frames into a high definition movie
What You'll Make
- Deliverable. Create a high definition hyperlapse movie of your favorite local landmark.
- Brief. You'll learn how to setup, shoot and edit a professional quality hyperlapse sequence with camera motion that covers a long distance. You will learn how to stabilize and compile your frames into a high definition movie to share with the world on Vimeo or YouTube.
- Specs. You'll use a digital camera or smartphone to shoot a hyperlapse sequence. You'll edit these photos in Adobe Photoshop Lightroom and add background music. You'll share a stablilized sequence on Youtube or Vimeo.
Class Projects 1 See All
49 of 49 students recommendSee All
Ian Norman is a commercial photographer specializing in Timelapse Photography and Night Photography. He is the creator of Lonely Speck, where he shares astrophotography techniques and tutorials, and Photon Collective, a creative photography project community.