Play Speed
  • 0.5x
  • 1x (Normal)
  • 1.25x
  • 1.5x
  • 2x
12 Lessons (36m)
    • 1. Course Preview

    • 2. About Me

    • 3. The Cost of Unhealthy Diets

    • 4. The Relationship Between Nutrition, Energy and Overall Health

    • 5. The 5 STARS Principle Model

    • 6. S Start the Day With Breakfast

    • 7. T The 80 20 Principle Approach

    • 8. A Adjust Portions Sizes

    • 9. R Remember 5 Meals per Day

    • 10. S Sip Water All Day

    • 11. Course Wrap

    • 12. 30 Day Challenge


Project Description

Introduction - Welcome to The Diet of Common Sense! A common-sense approach for active people to stay healthy, improve energy and mental power! Let’s do this!

Meet Your Coach - Hi, I am Sarah and I want to help you, busy people, maximize your nutritional intake while minimizing your efforts. Design a lifestyle with The Diet of Common Sense!

The Cost of Being Unhealthy - The cost and impact of unhealthy diets, both at the individual and government levels and for the environment. If you think real food is expensive, let's look at the costs of unhealthy diets.

The Relationship between Nutrition, Energy and Overall Health - Food is to your body like fuel is to your car. You are what you eat, and you cannot perform like a Ferrari if you’re fueled with cheap gasoline. 

The 5 STARS Principles Model - based on 5 key principles that can help busy, active individuals lead healthy lifestyles by making smart food choices.

  • S – Start Every Day with Breakfast! Think of breakfast as energy, as your fuel to start the day right. Breakfast = Fuel = Energy.
  • T – The 80-20 Principle Approach. Eat 80% real foods and make the other 20% the best of the rest. When in doubt, eat the rainbow!
  • A – Adjust Portions Sizes. Eat slowly and in smaller plates and refill if needed.
  • R – Remember 5 Meals/Day: Eat daily 3 balanced meals + 2 healthy snacks.
  • S – Sip Water All Day. Drink 2-3 liters of liquids daily. Hydrate creatively with flavored water.

Course Wrap and Key Takeaways. Review and key takeaways from this course, at a glance.

The 30 Days Challenge - has the goal to kick start your healthy eating habits applying the information from this course. Start where you are, form the habit and make it your lifestyle! Gift this course and be a source of positive transformation for the people in your life!

BONUS Material - Food Recipe Booklet for Busy People. Attached to this course you have sample meal plans to help you get started.

Student Projects