Source & Mix Botanical Illustrations with Typography to Create Trendy Designs
- 1x (Normal)
Sourcing & Cutting3:43
Working with Masks3:46
Developing Colour Variants3:35
Print Preparation & Conclusion5:28
About This Class
Bold and simple type combined with nice floral or botanical illustrations—I bet you’ve seen a lot of it around lately on cards, clothing, wedding stationery and posters! It is a very simple, but very effective way of creating elegant designs with a sense of volume and sophistication.
I am Evgeniya Righini-Brand and in this class I will go through the process of combining found vintage botanical illustrations with type in Adobe Photoshop to create captivating designs which can be used in a wide range of projects: from personal greeting cards, wedding stationery or party decor, to any marketing materials and visual identity.
This class is suitable for pretty much any skill level and follows up on skills covered in my previous classes* Source & Mix: Digital Collage from Vintage Encyclopaedia Illustrations and Mastering Typography 1: The Beginner's Guide to Creating Stunning Designs – Typographic Contrast.
In this class you will learn:
- how to work with layer masks;
- how to work with artboards in Photoshop;
- how to effectively use colour adjustments to create multiple variants of your designs;
- how to use a brand new Photoshop Match Font feature;
- and how to prepare work for print with bleeds and crops marks in Photoshop.
I will be very excited to see what you can create! Join me in this class to make something trendy to celebrate summer and beautiful typography!
* If you are an absolute beginner at using Photoshop, please enrol in my class Source & Mix: Digital Collage from Vintage Encyclopaedia Illustrations to familiarise yourself with the Photoshop basics and selection and cutting techniques. Don't hesitate to join my class Mastering Typography 1: The Beginner's Guide to Creating Stunning Designs – Typographic Contrast if you want or need to learn basic principles of creating visually appealing typographic compositions, selecting and pairing typefaces, and familiarise yourself with the settings available on the Character and Paragraph panels.
Class Projects 71 See All
We are Dominic & Evgeniya Righini-Brand, a creative couple specialising in graphic design and photography. Our small studio Attitude Creative is run from a cute garden house hidden away in the middle of England.
We have 5 years of university teaching experience each, and we would love to share with you what we are passionate about and what we have learnt from teaching communication design and photography students over the years.
For more information about our graphic design side please visit attitudecreative.co.uk and to see what we are up to day to day check us out on Facebook and Instagram. You can also have a look at our photographic portolio at 1705photography.com.