Register Your Domain Name - Class 1 of 6, Website Basics Course
- 1x (Normal)
Introduction to the Website Basics Course1:17
Overview of the Website Basics Course7:47
Find and Register your domain name in minutes13:48
Register Domain Name3:46
About This Class
Register your own domain name using the service provider of your choice.
You will have step-by-step instructions and a Case Study to guide you. The Case Study corresponds to the Project for each class and as you progress through all 6 classes in the Website Basics Course the Case Study will continue and tie everything together.
***After taking this class you will be ready for Class 2 of the Website Basics course***
The complete Website Basics Course: Learn how to register a domain name, set up web hosting, create 1st website, and edit pages with pictures, links, video, WordPress, and PayPal
This course will show you how to find and register your very own unique domain name and setup a web hosting account. It will also guide you through the process of creating your first web page. You will also learn how to edit web pages using different methods, and manage your files on your hosting account and your local computer.
- More than 3 hours of content
- List of useful links and resources
- Step-by-step guides
- The tools you need to be successful
- Live example pages and templates
- Case Study for one website to tie it all together
You don't need to know anything about domains, hosting, HTML, CSS, or Jquery
We will start at the beginning and go through the process step-by-step. The course is structured in a logical way so you can follow along with each lecture and end up with your own website that is hosted online and located at your personal domain name.
After taking all classes in the Website Basics Course you will be able to:
- Register a domain name - Class 1
- Set up a web hosting account - Class 2
- Create a basic web page - Class 3
- Edit a web page using different methods - Class 4
- Monetize a website with Affiliate Links - Class 4
- Upload a web page to a hosting account - Class 4
- Understand other options for getting a ready-made website platform - Class 5
- Understand options for eCommerce and Blogs - Class 5
- Install WordPress on a website - Class 5
- Find out about more advanced topics - Class 6
- Put a PayPal button on a website - Class 6
Class Projects 1 See All
14 of 14 students recommendSee All
Pretty basic stuff. The creator of the content says so himself at the starting videos and title. Nice class though, you get introduced to a bit more than that. Identity protection, domain plans and small details that may cost you in the long run, are all a nice addition that you can't really find without doing research.
Andrew Tye is an entrepreneur and consultant with experience in a broad range of industries. He has worked at multiple Fortune 50 companies, large private companies, global consulting firms, and many small businesses. His formal education began with a degree in Computer Technology and later concluded with a degree in Mechanical Engineering and an MBA..
Andrew's self-published books are Starting & Selling, 33 Professional Development Tips, and Resumes, Interviews & Careers.