Learn to Storyboard: The First Steps of Visual Storytelling
- 1x (Normal)
What is Storyboarding?6:11
Rules & Tools of Storyboarding (Part 1)9:09
Rules & Tools of Storyboarding (Part 2)9:41
Generating Three Ideas6:58
Research for Pretzel Story9:25
Final Pass Cleanup Tutorial13:58
About This Class
This class is an introduction to visual storytelling, open to anyone of any skill level.
Storyboarding is the skill of visually organizing a story - a valuable process for flowing out films, comics, illustrations, business plans or essays. After all, there's a good story woven into every successful project!
What You'll Learn
- Understanding Storyboarding. What is Storyboarding? How would someone approach it? What are the fundamental tools?
- Coming Up with Your Story Idea. Coming up with a story that's unique to you and "gutsy" in some way.
- Researching Your Subject. You'll be asked to find pictures, documents or any other source of information that'll offer inspiration on your subject.
- Exploring and Structuiring Your Ideas. You'll produce a blueprint of your story in its simplest form.
- Executing Your Ideas. Draft your storyboard in a way that communicates your story exactly how you'd like.
What You'll Make
You'll use the project guide I designed to storyboard a story from your life - anything from a favorite childhood memory to something that happened on the way to work this morning.
As a story artist at Walt Disney Studios, storyboarding is what I do (and love) daily.
I was born in Brazil and grew up in Sao Paulo. I attended Cal Arts, interned at Pixar and then lent my talents to The Simpsons Movie. I joined Walt Disney Animation Studios in 2008 where I began storyboarding on Wreck-it Ralph. Most recently, I was part of the crew that crafted the story behind the Academy Award-Winner film Big Hero 6. In my role, I was responsible for visualizing and interpreting the director's vision from script to screen. I worked closely with the director, story team and writers to build the structure of the story and create an entertaining film.