Language Learning in the 21st Century: Tips, Tools and Resources
- 1x (Normal)
1. Welcome: Course Introduction2:15
2. General Considerations7:19
3. 10 Tips for Language Learning9:30
4. Suggested Resources6:25
5. Putting it All Together1:53
About This Class
In this global village, we are fortunate to have access to many language-learning resources: from traditional classes to podcasts, online speaking buddies, language learning software and more. This class helps you navigate a path through this bewildering array of possibilities and provides suggestions for developing your own, personalized language learning plan.
Specifically, the class will provide you with:
- what you should consider when starting to learn a new language (based on the latest research)
- 10 Tips for language learning
- Easily available and mostly free resources that you can use on the path to fluency in your target language
Class Projects 1 See All
I'm dedicated to helping busy learners progress in English, French and other areas of interest. I currently teach English for Academic Purposes to international students at our local university.
Most of my teaching experience has been in the classroom as follows:
- FSL teacher and French Immersion teacher
- School district French consultant- giving support to other teachers
- Sessional Instructor, Faculty of Education- Brandon University
- Coordinator and developer of program for immigrants and newcomers to our small city
- Presenter of many seminars and workshops including at provincial and national conferences in Canada as well as in my own city.
Teacher and Education Consultant M. Ed.
Winner of National and Provincial (Canadian) Awards for educational contribution in the field of second language education.
Brandon University Gold Medal and the Governor General's Gold Medal for the highest academic standing in the Master's degree program. (2002)
I am Canadian and speak both English and French. I am working on Spanish.