La Poire Belle Hélène: A classic, easy French dessert
- 1x (Normal)
1. Introduction-a Fun, Classic, and Easy Dessert!1:11
2. Step 1: The Pears2:40
3. Step 2: The Chocolate1:13
4. The Chocolate Ganache Part 22:22
5. Putting it All Together2:07
6. En français0:51
7. A la prochaine/ Thank you and see you soon!0:32
About This Class
In this class, you will learn the step-by-step process of making La Poire Belle Hélène. This is a simple, classic French dessert with easily available ingredients. Total preparation time is about 30 minutes- but allow for time for your pears to cool and chill- about an extra hour.
The written recipe with the list of ingredients is included in the project section.
Class Projects 1 See All
7 of 7 students recommendSee All
Merci pour ce cours, Carol. Ça donne envie d’y goûter!
Online Trainer/Instructional Designer
I'm dedicated to helping busy learners progress in English, French and other areas of interest. I currently teach English for Academic Purposes to international students at our local university.
Most of my teaching experience has been in the classroom as follows:
- FSL teacher and French Immersion teacher
- School district French consultant- giving support to other teachers
- Sessional Instructor, Faculty of Education- Brandon University
- Coordinator and developer of program for immigrants and newcomers to our small city
- Presenter of many seminars and workshops including at provincial and national conferences in Canada as well as in my own city.
Teacher and Education Consultant M. Ed.
Winner of National and Provincial (Canadian) Awards for educational contribution in the field of second language education.
Brandon University Gold Medal and the Governor General's Gold Medal for the highest academic standing in the Master's degree program. (2002)
I am Canadian and speak both English and French. I am working on Spanish.