Introduction To Twitch TV Video Game Live Streaming
- 1x (Normal)
Why do you want to stream on Twitch?3:13
Noahj456 used YouTube to build a large Twitch audience.6:14
Syndicate has the most Twitch followers and built from YouTube.4:17
Socialblade has hundreds more case studies you can view.2:45
League of Legends is the top game on Twitch.1:59
Looking deep into the browse features will show you a lot about streaming.7:52
The opportunity is to find a game you like where people will watch.3:59
New games on release day provide a great opportunity to get new viewers.2:58
Entry level streaming solution: BenQ monitor and Elgato HD capture card.3:30
To stream you need hardware to stream and software to manage it.4:49
Simple getting started streaming solution: direct from the console with Twitch.2:54
The microphone is one of the most important pieces of equipment.2:36
Wirecast is what I use to stream on my iMac with a green screen.4:39
Doing a little bit every day is the most effective way to do anything.2:44
Giving back to your streamers will ensure they come back.4:07
Uploading videos to Facebook works great for me to get people watching me game.3:22
Uploading videos to YouTube works great to get organic traffic over time.3:13
Follow for follow Facebook groups help to get your initial following fast.2:57
How I handle haters and negative comments.4:44
About This Class
Learn How To Get Started With Twitch TV and Streaming Your Favorite Video Games Live Online!
Are you looking to get started with Twitch TV?
In this course we walk you through everything you need to know to start streaming your favorite video games live.
What is Twitch TV?
For those of us who love to play video games Twitch is the perfect platform to get out there and start broadcasting your game play to the world. Twitch TV gives you the platform to start building an audience through the online gaming community.
Here is what you get in this course:
In this course we walk you through everything including setting up your channel, getting artwork, picking a streaming platform to use, building your audience and even learning how to receive donations while you play your games live.
We discuss topics such as:
- Setting Up Your Channel
- Comparing different streaming platforms
- Using a Greenscreen on your stream
- Getting High Quality Artwork Designed
- Becoming Personable With Your Audience
- Running Contests & Giving Away Prizes
- Building Your Audience Through YouTube, Facebook and more.
What are the requirements?
- A willingness to play games on a regular basis
- Patience to setup a streaming platform such as OBS or Xsplit
- The motivation to want to build an audience and expect it will not happen overnight
What am I going to get from this course?
- Learn how to setup a Twitch TV Channel
- Setup a Greenscreen
- Understanding different streaming platforms
- Use Facebook & YouTube to build a Twitch Audience
- How you can earn revenue with Twitch from Donations and Affiliate products
What is the target audience?
- Those who enjoy playing video games and live broadcasting should take this course.
Would you help me reach 6,000 followers on Skillshare by following me today? Followers receive first access to the new classes and the new videos I upload each daily on the topics listed below and more!
- What works most effectively to make money online based on my experience earning more than a million dollars freelancing from my home office in the first five years of starting my business.
- Teaching online learned on YouTube with 10+ million views on my YouTube videos and on Udemy where I had 170,000+ students before being banned!
- Building a great Skillshare teaching community on a daily basis with new classes!
- Facebook marketing and ads learned by growing my Facebook page to over 2 million likes!
- YouTube channel success strategies learned by building my YouTube channel to 110,000+ subscribers.
- Google AdWords tutorials learned by spending $100,000+ on my own advertisements on Google.
- A daily workflow system for creativity that I have used to make over 2,700 videos online in two years.
- Steps for creating and building your own freelancing business online selling products, serving clients, and doing affiliate marketing.
- Investing and trading cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin and ethereum as a hobby while earning a better than average return!
- The complete system I use to run a business that is the best real job I have ever had online as seen at https://jerrybanfield.com/resources.
Do you have Skillshare Premium?
- Skillshare Premium is required to view many of my courses and gives me the chance to earn money based on every minute you spend watching.
- I have a Skillshare Premium subscription that gives me unlimited access to all Skillshare courses for just $0.99 for the first three months and then $96 a year after that which is just $8 per month! This is how I prefer to take online courses because I complete payment once and then I am able to learn from anyone at my own pace! This is SO much easier than repeatedly buying once course after another and then feeling guilty if I do not actually watch it.
- Join me as a premium skillshare member for $0.99 a month for the first three months at https://www.skillshare.com/r/jerrybanfield.
How did you get here with me?
In 2005 while I was in college at the University of South Carolina, I tried to start working online. I signed up for an MLM program and a survey website. A month later, I had refunds from both and figured working online was not possible because everything was a scam. The truth was I was afraid to fail again.
In 2011, I moved in with my wife and launched an online business focusing on video game addiction in an attempt to avoid dealing with any of my other problems. In a few months, I changed my business to selling shirts because I realized there was no money in video game addiction. A year after starting my business, I dropped out of my criminology PHD program at the University of South Florida to run my business full time which by then had changed to helping clients with Facebook and Google ads based on my experience failing to do them successfully for myself.
In 2013, I starting sharing everything I knew for free on YouTube because I hoped it would help me get more clients. By April 2014, I was nearly bankrupt after failing at 15+ different business models. I was also nearly dead from trying to drink the pain away and fortunately the fear of death motivated me to get into recovery. Being in recovery motivated me to focus more on being of true service to others and less on what I would get out of it. I started making courses online with Udemy which soon turned into my first real business. I partnered with as many talented instructors as I could and learned from top instructors how to get my courses the most sales.
In 2015, I tried making some inspirational videos sharing what I learned in recovery and got an amazing response on YouTube. To make the background on my videos more interesting, I started making the inspirational videos while playing video games. To make a more helpful website, I hired a freelancer to convert the videos into blog posts including this about page originally.
By 2016, the Udemy courses I was teaching had made nearly $2 million dollars in sales with me receiving over $600,000 of that before they banned me because of what they said were policy violations despite me literally praying to God to follow the rules and being obsessed with following the policies. To make that $600,000, Google, Facebook, and contractors billed around $400,000 leaving me with about $200,000. Then, the US government took over $60,000 and the companies I borrowed money from in 2014 to avoid going out of business took another $50,000. After five years in business and even with great fortune on Udemy which made up for 4 years of losses, I am still barely able to pay my bills and have none of the security of a “real job” despite working 10 times more than I have ever worked anywhere else.
My story is not unique at all. This is the story of nearly every artist. We love actors, singers, and even teachers like me so much. Skillshare and Patreon offer an amazing opportunities to change this by giving you the chance to help me directly with the money you might spend with me another way.
When you follow me today on Skillshare and continue enrolling in my new courses, you will help me continue to make everything new I create available for free! As a premium member, every minute you spend watching in my courses will result in me getting an average of $0.05 to $0.10 PER MINUTE you watch which will provide a huge help for me in continuing to be available to make new classes for you each day! Start as a premium member at https://www.skillshare.com/r/jerrybanfield. I am a premium member myself as you can see by the star on my profile.
Would you like to get answers to your questions daily and schedule a 1 on 1 call with me? When you pledge on Patreon at https://www.patreon.com/jerrybanfield, I never have to ask you for money again! I never have to beg you to buy another product, spam you with ads for my new book, or do anything else related to money. This is am amazing chance to work together and I am excited you are here now at the bottom of this long description! I appreciate you reading this and considering helping me help you and others like you today!
Thank you for reading this and I hope you enjoy my classes!