How To Leave Your Day Job & Pursue Your Dreams
- 1x (Normal)
Trailer: How To Leave Your Day Job and Pursue Your Dreams2:25
1. My Story: How I Quit My Day Job6:27
2. My husband Chris's Story: How He Quit His Day Job4:40
3. Knowing Your "Why" For Leaving Your Day Job4:04
4. Why It's Important To Do What You Love2:23
5. Create A Freedom Budget: List All Your Monthly Expenses2:38
6. Create A Dream Sheet For Your Financial Goals5:25
7. Start Reducing Debt and Expenses2:16
8. Save 2-3 Months Of "Cushion Money" For Expenses1:17
9. Start Now: Build Your Business During Your Off Time Before You Leave Your Job2:10
10. Set A Date To Leave Your Day Job1:51
11. Leave On Good Terms and Keep The Doors Open2:20
12. Take the leap!2:20
13. Do Work That Matters and Actually Brings In Money3:03
14. What to do when it's not working3:06
15. Start Keeping Receipts1:37
About This Class
My husband and I created this course for those of you who want to leave your 9 to 5 job and pursue your dream. Mu hubby left his secure day job over ten years ago to pursue a career as a music artist. Around the same time, I too left my day job to pursue modelling and art as a career. It was a scary step but one we are both so happy we took. We now work from anywhere we want, make more income and have more time for our family. Its really a blessing and we want to stand with you as you too pursue your goals. It is more than possible!
Maybe you want to work from home and see your family more. Maybe you are dreaming of building your own business. Maybe you want to change careers all together and begin working with a non-profit business. We all have dreams and goals for ourselves and we believe that those personal dreams are super important!
In the course we want to teach you:
- How and why we left our day jobs
- How to setup your finances before your "take the leap!"
- How To cut expenses and increase your income
- The best way to leave your job without burning any bridges
In this course we include two printable PDF's you can download and print out. See them attached in the projects section:
- Freedom Budget
- Crush It Planner (Goals Sheet)
See you in the course. Lets do this!
Melanie and Chris
Class Projects 1 See All
15 of 16 students recommendSee All
These guys are great! Their courses have made such a positive impact on me. Their classes and resources are well thought out, clear, concise and super useful. Top notch teachers!
Vision City is an graphic design and illustration studio that began as doodles in Melanie Greenwood's sketchbook, while touring Europe with rock musicians in moving vehicles. As a former Model with Elmer Olsen Model Management and graphic design graduate from George Brown college (Toronto, ON), Melanie always had a special passion for music branding and inspirational messaging. When she founded Vision City in the spring of 2009, her work consisted of promotional campaigns for bands and record labels around the world, including photography, album artwork, t-shirt design, concert posters and logo design.
After moving to California in 2011 with her musician husband Chris, (AKA "Manafest") Melanie felt compelled and inspired to find a deeper purpose for her artwork. Thus, the very first Vision City screen print collection was born on November 15, 2011, consisting of 12 black and white inspirational concepts known as the "Born For This" Collection. The collection sold successfully on a private Etsy store and was quickly picked up by FAB, which created a world wide platform for the collection. She continued to develop art print series and showcase in a variety of LA art shows including Unique LA and Renegade Craft Fair. The Vision City brand quickly became known for black and white uplifting illustrations. In the spring of 2013, Melanie had the honour of having a selection of VC art pieces screened onto canvas and added to the fall 2013 collection of the National Children's Decor Retailer, Land of Nod. Vision City was awarded "Artwork of the year" at the 2012 CMGA Music Awards for her work with "The Color" album art.
Vision City is now a tri-purpose company offering design service, art products and now online education. Melanie continues to work within the music industry while developing the VC art collections. Her newest passion is teaching other artists to develop business practices for their design services, so they too can pursue their dreams. "Vision is not only the ability to see, but also the ability to dream".