Grow as an Artist: 6 Tools to Create Depth in Your Work
- 1x (Normal)
6 Tools Introduction1:36
Lesson 1 Overlapping2:00
Lesson 2 Size and Placement3:27
Lesson 3 Detail Converging Lines2:17
Lesson 4 Let's Talk Color2:14
Lesson 5 Begin Landscape Drawing2:27
Lesson 6 Adding Color3:08
Lesson 7 Conclusion1:52
Your Class Bonus!1:00
About This Class
About This Class:
This class will show you how 6 simple tools will improve the depth and perspective in your drawings and paintings.
What Will You Learn?
- How to use each tool successfully. Use each tool in your own drawings.
- View famous artist's work. You will see the tools in action.
- How to incorporate a few tools at a time. No overwhelm, you will get a chance to use what you learn.
- Create dynamic compositions. Lots of tips on arranging elements on your surface.
- Enhance depth and perspective. Use size, placement, overlapping, converging lines, detail, and color to draw a landscape from start to finish.
- Create a drawing in three stages. Follow along with my demos to create at each stage.
14 of 14 students recommendSee All
I learned a lot of very useful information on how to compose a drawing for a painting or a sketch as well as perspective with converging lines. Donna's short lessons are easily learned and effective. I highly recommend this :-)
I've been an artist and teacher for over 30 years. Yikes! That's a long time, eh? Well worth every single minute. I love teaching and bringing the joy of creating to those who think they can't. You know who you are, 'can't draw a stick figure' come to mind?
My classes are easy to follow, full of encouragement with a dose of challenge, and based on my many years of teaching drawing, painting, collage, and bookmaking classes.
I'm a signature member of the National Collage Society and am on the board of the International Society of Experimental Artists.
In my free time I enjoy reading out on my deck, gardening, and learning new things.