Final Cut Pro X: My Software of Choice for Advanced Video Editing and Rendering
- 1x (Normal)
Introduction to Final Cut Pro X8:38
Importing your talking head videos live in Final Cut Pro X1:26
Importing a video you already recorded into Final Cut Pro X1:38
Other ways to record live in Final Cut Pro X1:54
Basic editing functions in Final Cut Pro X3:27
Final Cut Pro X has great audio editing options3:58
Adding graphics your videos is fairly simple in Final Cut Pro X2:07
You can add text a lot of different ways in Final Cut Pro X6:15
Exporting options to render your video in Final Cut Pro X2:35
Send to compressor for long rendering jobs and multiple videos3:34
About This Class
Welcome to my class on getting started using Final Cut Pro X! I use Final Cut on Mac to edit and render the videos you see in my bestselling video courses and the videos I upload to my YouTube channel.
Final Cut Pro X, Camtasia, and Wirecast enables me to create the high quality video content my students love! The following topics will be covered in this class:
- Tour around the interface
- Importing talking head videos
- Importing a previously recorded video
- Recording live video in Final Cut Pro X
- Audio editing options
- Adding graphics to your videos
- Adding text to your videos
- Exporting and rendering options
- Using the compressor for long rendering jobs
Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope to see you in the course!
Here is a link to download a free trial of Final Cut Pro X for Mac!
Class Projects 2 See All
4 of 4 students recommendSee All
This class is exactly what it should be which is a basic overview of Final Cut Pro X to get anyone started. It's also the teachers personal choice for video editing which although I was looking for an advanced class on FCPX reviewing is just as good. His voice and directions are very clear to understand.
My Past Is A Present That My Future Is Inspired By
Would you help me reach 6,000 followers on Skillshare by following me today? Followers receive first access to the new classes and the new videos I upload each daily on the topics listed below and more!
- What works most effectively to make money online based on my experience earning more than a million dollars freelancing from my home office in the first five years of starting my business.
- Teaching online learned on YouTube with 10+ million views on my YouTube videos and on Udemy where I had 170,000+ students before being banned!
- Building a great Skillshare teaching community on a daily basis with new classes!
- Facebook marketing and ads learned by growing my Facebook page to over 2 million likes!
- YouTube channel success strategies learned by building my YouTube channel to 110,000+ subscribers.
- Google AdWords tutorials learned by spending $100,000+ on my own advertisements on Google.
- A daily workflow system for creativity that I have used to make over 2,700 videos online in two years.
- Steps for creating and building your own freelancing business online selling products, serving clients, and doing affiliate marketing.
- Investing and trading cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin and ethereum as a hobby while earning a better than average return!
- The complete system I use to run a business that is the best real job I have ever had online as seen at https://jerrybanfield.com/resources.
Do you have Skillshare Premium?
- Skillshare Premium is required to view many of my courses and gives me the chance to earn money based on every minute you spend watching.
- I have a Skillshare Premium subscription that gives me unlimited access to all Skillshare courses for just $0.99 for the first three months and then $96 a year after that which is just $8 per month! This is how I prefer to take online courses because I complete payment once and then I am able to learn from anyone at my own pace! This is SO much easier than repeatedly buying once course after another and then feeling guilty if I do not actually watch it.
- Join me as a premium skillshare member for $0.99 a month for the first three months at https://www.skillshare.com/r/jerrybanfield.
How did you get here with me?
In 2005 while I was in college at the University of South Carolina, I tried to start working online. I signed up for an MLM program and a survey website. A month later, I had refunds from both and figured working online was not possible because everything was a scam. The truth was I was afraid to fail again.
In 2011, I moved in with my wife and launched an online business focusing on video game addiction in an attempt to avoid dealing with any of my other problems. In a few months, I changed my business to selling shirts because I realized there was no money in video game addiction. A year after starting my business, I dropped out of my criminology PHD program at the University of South Florida to run my business full time which by then had changed to helping clients with Facebook and Google ads based on my experience failing to do them successfully for myself.
In 2013, I starting sharing everything I knew for free on YouTube because I hoped it would help me get more clients. By April 2014, I was nearly bankrupt after failing at 15+ different business models. I was also nearly dead from trying to drink the pain away and fortunately the fear of death motivated me to get into recovery. Being in recovery motivated me to focus more on being of true service to others and less on what I would get out of it. I started making courses online with Udemy which soon turned into my first real business. I partnered with as many talented instructors as I could and learned from top instructors how to get my courses the most sales.
In 2015, I tried making some inspirational videos sharing what I learned in recovery and got an amazing response on YouTube. To make the background on my videos more interesting, I started making the inspirational videos while playing video games. To make a more helpful website, I hired a freelancer to convert the videos into blog posts including this about page originally.
By 2016, the Udemy courses I was teaching had made nearly $2 million dollars in sales with me receiving over $600,000 of that before they banned me because of what they said were policy violations despite me literally praying to God to follow the rules and being obsessed with following the policies. To make that $600,000, Google, Facebook, and contractors billed around $400,000 leaving me with about $200,000. Then, the US government took over $60,000 and the companies I borrowed money from in 2014 to avoid going out of business took another $50,000. After five years in business and even with great fortune on Udemy which made up for 4 years of losses, I am still barely able to pay my bills and have none of the security of a “real job” despite working 10 times more than I have ever worked anywhere else.
My story is not unique at all. This is the story of nearly every artist. We love actors, singers, and even teachers like me so much. Skillshare and Patreon offer an amazing opportunities to change this by giving you the chance to help me directly with the money you might spend with me another way.
When you follow me today on Skillshare and continue enrolling in my new courses, you will help me continue to make everything new I create available for free! As a premium member, every minute you spend watching in my courses will result in me getting an average of $0.05 to $0.10 PER MINUTE you watch which will provide a huge help for me in continuing to be available to make new classes for you each day! Start as a premium member at https://www.skillshare.com/r/jerrybanfield. I am a premium member myself as you can see by the star on my profile.
Would you like to get answers to your questions daily and schedule a 1 on 1 call with me? When you pledge on Patreon at https://www.patreon.com/jerrybanfield, I never have to ask you for money again! I never have to beg you to buy another product, spam you with ads for my new book, or do anything else related to money. This is am amazing chance to work together and I am excited you are here now at the bottom of this long description! I appreciate you reading this and considering helping me help you and others like you today!
Thank you for reading this and I hope you enjoy my classes!