Edit Like a Pro: Photoshop for Photographers
- 1x (Normal)
Overview Of Photo Editing Techniques9:45
Setting Up Your Workspace11:55
Editing In Layers15:02
Photo Adjustment Techniques14:48
Photo Adjustment Techniques13:44
Correction Tools - Cloning Healing Patching and Moving15:40
Removing Problem Areas16:14
Resolution, Cropping and Saving16:58
About This Class
OVER TWO HOURS OF DETAILED PHOTOSHOP INSTRUCTION!
Photoshop is the undisputed heavy-weight champ of image editing software for photographers around the world. In fact, as a tool of modern photography, many photographers value Photoshop just as much as their camera!
There is no doubt that Photoshop is a tremendously powerful tool, but without guidance it can also be tremendously complicated. Learning Photoshop is not as simple as jumping right in - there is no magic "fix photo" button. Instead, you have to start on the right foot and develop an effective workflow to truly release the full potential of Photoshop.
Photoshop is also a very versatile tool, used for tons of tasks that have nothing to do with actual photographs or photography. In this class we are going to skip all of that and purely concentrate on the critical skills needed by photographers, photography enthusiasts, and other creative industry professionals to edit photographs with Photoshop.
You will learn everything you need to know to start editing your photography like the pros.
What You'll Learn
This class is tailored specifically for photographers (but you don't have to be a pro), photography enthusiasts and other creative industry professionals who want to learn how to effectively edit photographs with Photoshop.
I'm going to share with you the key tools, techniques and workflow that you need to edit your own photography with Photoshop.
This class is not a brief summary for editing pictures, this is an in depth professional photography workflow from start to finish. We will go through the step-by-step process of editing two complete photographs in Photoshop using all of the core tools and techniques used by professional photographers.
By the end of this class you will have the knowledge needed to effectively incorporate Photoshop into your photography workflow and the confidence necessary to further explore some of the more advanced features of Photoshop on your own. We'll cover:
- Setting up Your Workspace. Overview of the Photoshop user interface with an emphasis on setting up an efficient workspace for photography post production.
- Editing in Layers. Unlocking the power of editing in layers in a non-destructive workflow.
- Photo Adjustment Tools and Filters. A detailed guide to the most popular and most useful adjustment tools and filters for photography edits.
- Photo Adjustment Techniques. A step-by-step photo editing example that uses each of the core adjustment tools and filters needed to effectively adjust photographs in Photoshop.
- Correction Tools - Healing, Cloning Patching and Moving. A comprehensive introduction to the key tools needed to make corrections to problem areas, heal imperfections, clone out unwanted items, move and remove items from an image and content-aware fill.
- Removing Problem Areas. A step-by-step photo editing example of removing unwanted problem areas from a photograph using all of the key selection, healing, cloning and moving tools.
- Resolution, Cropping and Saving. Understanding photo resolution, cropping images and properly saving edited photographs for the web and print.
- NEW - Bonus Tricks! A roundup of my favorite Photoshop tricks that I use everyday. Making skies pop, fixing motion blur, touching up natural light photos and facial retouching with the adjustment brush, getting killer contrast...
What You'll Do
You will put the concepts that you're learning to use right away to edit your own photos in Photoshop, which you can then share with your classmates for feedback as you go.
108 of 112 students recommendSee All
Thank you for this class, it was informative and it answered lots of small and big question i never found an answer to searching the internet, it just made things much clearer
JP Danko is an active lifestyle photographer based in Toronto, Canada. JP can change a lens mid-rappel, swap a memory card while treading water, or use a camel as a light stand. His work is distributed by Stocksy United.
JP also publishes a weekly photography column at DIYphotography.net, one of the worlds most popular online photography resources.
To see more of his work please visit his studio website blurMEDIAphotography, or follow him on Twitter, Instagram and 500px.