E-Residency is Awesome - The Why.
- 1x (Normal)
1.0 - introduction0:36
1.1 - what is e-residency1:38
1.2 - go go xroad1:52
1.3 - digital id across the eu2:08
1.4 - digital id auth and service silos2:31
1.5 - perfect for digital nomads1:21
1.6 - the roundup0:38
1.7 - hey thanks! don't forget to share0:12
About This Class
in this quick course, we will be taking a look at the e-residency digital id programme from Estonia that enables you to set up a business from anywhere in the world but runs from Estonia. you receive a digital id card that enables you to sign/encrypt documents with the 2048 bit encryption card that you receive when you have paid via their websites.
I'll be discussing a few areas in this short twenty minutes (roughly) to get you up to speed fast on the areas of the card that make it worthwhile purchasing and what you can expect with the card.
- overview of the e-residency digital id card and service
- look at the dashboard of the country as a service (saas)
- touch on encrypted digital id to be across Europe in 2018
- examples where you can currently use your digital id online
- is digital id (e-residency) useful for digital nomads?
- touch on Brexit and the increase in e-residency web traffic.
- hosting a location-independent business online via e-residency
- take a brief look at x-road and how that opens up silos
- tendering across countries with new digital id card
I'm intending to set up and run a digital agency from Estonia helping startups and companies that want help with rapid learning on a number of brand areas and to assist in a virtual pa/agency-style approach from inside and outside the country. we started our first website - sett.ee (yes, that's an Estonian suffix) recently which will be a podcast of our travels, behind the scenes struggles and biz development online as we aim to be completely working from the web.
We bought ten domains and we are slowly rolling out the concepts for each, our second project devot.ee is a blog about advocates either working alone or for a digital agency and what we have seen that are good examples and some suggestions about doing brand advocacy for yourself, company, brand or event.
The following will be coming online in the coming year.
it's our intent to merge with the ethos of the x-road concept in a variety of ways, we hope our concepts and experiments with open up dialog with Estonia-based startups and developers so we can come together to build some interesting projects over the next five to ten years together with the intent to exit after a few years on some of the smaller projects.
I hope this course helped you make a decision about the e-residency card and what is possible with doing business remotely in Estonia.
Class Projects 1 See All
8 of 8 students recommendSee All
if your looking to learn about e-residency and what it can mean to you then you need to watch this course. after you have finished this course you can follow along on youtube! :)
My Course Goal - Be Helpful
I'm Phil from England and I make courses every month (recently, daily!)
focused online wisdom shared, digital course maker & internet strategist teaching anyone that wants to efficiently learn digital skills and tools often free software based in the cloud - twenty plus years of expertise with all things digital and covering the latest trends today!
- assist you with the knowledge to optimize areas of your digital life
- hands-on practitioner skills
- provide you with free and paid courses
- most courses are #donein20 - be in and out in twenty minutes
- live on and off grid working remotely to share the journey
- barter my time and skills for equal services and information
------ the why ------
I love to create and share. inspire others to benefit to use technology for good. I touch on lots of areas from an optimisation perspective. my courses are meant for you to watch on your commute, plane, train or automobile!
------ my backstory ------
currently saving to buy a laser cutter for co-working and co-creation pod called apiary and get mobile driving a vw t5 transporter across the uk and europe
helped lifecast from sleepydog get into the first apple app store to be part of the first 500 apps ever launched worldwide – proud social media moment.
bought a domain, me.dm (me-d-em) and ever since I’ve bartered my time as a transmedia digital artist in the social media realm. a brand advocate for word of mouth agencies from behind the lens of a mobile phone or camera.
------ so you make money right? ------
you can get a premium account for 99 cents for three months access when you get that account through my referral link - I get $10 for you signing up. thank you, it really helps me stay motivated.
if you want a sample of twenty-five of my courses for free drop your email address into the form at the top of the page of devot.ee and you’ll get an auto email with some free course links for you to try.
------ all my courses, if premium please click those links ------
- Logitech C920 Webcam Setup Tips (Mac) » premium | free
- Making a Skillshare Course - Process Shared v1 » premium | free
- Building a Wordpress Traffic Generation Network » premium | free
- Virtual Worker Income - Cambly, VidMob and Fiverr » premium | free
- What can Slack Do? - The Slack Primer » premium | free
- The Brand Advocate Primer » premium | free
- The Long Tail of Vanity Urls - Buying and Selling » premium | free
- Amplifying your Twitter Promotion with Twibble.io » premium | free
- E-Residency is Awesome - The Why » premium | free
- DIY Digital Promotion Tools for Building Referrals » premium | free
- Distributing Digital Content Using BitTorrent Now » premium | free
- Using Medium for the Cost of a Domain Name » premium | free
- Making Closed Captions - Youtube + Rev + Fiver » premium | free
- Pokemon Go for Parents » premium | free
- HD Vine Videos Practitioner Guide » premium | free
- Setup FB Instant Articles + Google Amp + Wordpress » premium | free
- SSSVEDA Tips for Surviving a Video Blogging Month » premium | free
- Beyond the Vine, Beta Overview Guide » premium | free
- Using SoundCloud as your Podcast Host » premium | free
- Practitioner Guide for 60 Second Instagram Video » premium | free
- Optimising your Connection for Video Chats » premium | free
- Protect 'Yo Self - VPN and USB Blockers » premium | free
- Getting Started with Instagram Stories » premium | free
- Worlds Cheapest Cloud Backup and Dropshare 4 Walkthrough » premium | free
- Automated Live Video Stream with Audience Development 24/7 » premium | free
- Awesome Web Tools - Get Productive! [pt1] » premium | free
- Using Text Expander to Become a Keyboard Ninja » premium | free
- Things to Consider Before Co-Working » premium | free
- Digital Nomad Six Areas of Concentration » premium | free
- Getting your Environment Ready for Digital Course Making » premium | free
- Day Trading Attention with Digital Platforms » premium | free
- Animated Gif Profile Images for Skillshare » premium | free
- Advocate Series | content making v1 » premium | free
- building a free video sharing website » premium | free
- Digital Utility Belt for Digital Nomads V1 » premium | free
- getting your hero5 session game on lock! » premium | free
- hosting with wordpress at sitegrounds » premium | free
- tools i use to optimise for wordpress » premium | free
- wordpress plugins for bloggers » premium | free
- howto download your vine videos » premium | free
- setting up gameshow 3.2 » premium | free
- making the web work hard for you ifttt » premium | free
- twenty awesome web tools - pack two » premium | free
- how to boss mode on upwork » premium | free
- making courses on skillshare v2 » premium | free
- mashing up your digital legacy » premium | free
DECEMBER ADVENT CALENDAR LINKS!
- the little black book of video encoding (software, tools, codecs)
- building an advertising network with screenly
- twenty awesome web tools - pack four
- outro maker youtube walkthrough
- places to sell your digital assets online (samcart, gumroad)
- getting your online chat on point
- twenty awesome web tools - pack five
- digital marketing processes to get more traffic and attention
- workflow process of scheduling videos and promotion (studio.twitter.com/library)
- agnostic content making and considerations
- WordPress awesome galleries with Elvira gallery
- twenty awesome web tools - pack six
- apps & kit for the prepared - offline apps for survival (hurricanes, tornados, kit)
- living in the future - ways to leave a legacy of information
- setting up virtual assistance business with smooch.io
- quick computer skills to teach your kids
- twenty awesome web tools - pack seven
- newbie designing an app in sketch 4
- selling your courses from your own website using gumroad
- setting up to make living streaming games online
- setting up a raspberry pi as a media player
- building ‘skillshare review’ the live stream show
- selling t-shirts with gumroad and printful
- teaching kids about data
- so you got a new computer - merry Christmas day!
- twenty awesome web tools - pack eight
- making social media content screencasts
- advocate series - 24/7 radio station
- brand advocates guide to audio interview
- show to promote your online courses
- tips for finding a new job in the new year
I'M SO GLAD YOU ARE HERE