Creative Writing Project: Write Act 1
- 1x (Normal)
Three Act Structure8:56
Act 1 Checkpoints8:25
Project: Create Your First Act2:26
About This Class
The Creative Writing Project series helps you complete a novel, short story or screenplay. Each class focuses on a specific step in the creative process, from brainstorming to publication. The goal is to get you published!
This class shows you how to write your first act, beginning with a hook to capture your readers’ interest, then developing your character’s backstory, and leading up to the trigger that will end Act 1. When you complete this class you will have a detailed, written plan for the first act of your Creative Writing Project.
The classes in this series include:
- Creative Writing Project: Brainstorm Your Story
- Creative Writing Project: Create a Character
- Creative Writing Project: Structure Your Story
- Creative Writing Project: Write Act 1
- Creative Writing Project: Write Act 2
- Creative Writing Project: Write Act 3
- Creative Writing Project: Structure a Scene
- Creative Writing Project: Create a Setting
- Creative Writing Project: Write Great Dialogue
- Creative Writing Project: Energize Your Manuscript
- Creative Writing Project: Publish Your Book
- Creative Writing Project: Market Your Book
13 of 13 students recommendSee All
very good, very informative and complete,clear explanation, give a sense of how to structure and develop a story
I have taken Steve Alcorn's classes before when I was writing my last two young adult fantasy fiction stories. This class is helping put my thoughts down in a way that makes my writing flow...when it is time to sit down and write the manuscript I will be prepared. I'm able to solidify my thoughts on Act 1 and put them down on paper. The biggest plus to this class and all of Steve's classes is his mentoring. He has a way of presenting another idea to be considering while letting me know I'm still on the right track. Once again, a great class experience.
Steve Alcorn is the author of many novels and non-fiction books. His publications include mysteries, young adult novels, a romance novel, children's books, history and non-fiction about theme park design, and the writer's guide How to Fix Your Novel.
Steve is also the CEO of Alcorn McBride Inc, the company that provides the audio and video systems used in nearly all of the world's theme parks. In his spare time he enjoys world travel, sculpture and music composition.
During the past decade he has helped more than 30,000 aspiring authors structure their novels. Many of his students are now published authors.