Creative Writing Project: Structure Your Story
- 1x (Normal)
Plot vs. Story2:55
The Dramatic Elements3:41
Project: Create Your Story's Structure4:43
About This Class
The Creative Writing Project series helps you complete a novel, short story or screenplay. Each class focuses on a specific step in the creative process, from brainstorming to publication. The goal is to get you published!
This class shows you how to structure your story. You’ll identify your passion, the theme you wish to convey to readers, your main character’s story structuring flaw. Then you’ll put them all together in the class project, where you’ll create your story’s premise. When you complete this class you will have a clear understanding of the structure of your Creative Writing Project.
The classes in this series include:
- Creative Writing Project: Brainstorm Your Story
- Creative Writing Project: Create a Character
- Creative Writing Project: Structure Your Story
- Creative Writing Project: Write Act 1
- Creative Writing Project: Write Act 2
- Creative Writing Project: Write Act 3
- Creative Writing Project: Structure a Scene
- Creative Writing Project: Create a Setting
- Creative Writing Project: Write Great Dialogue
- Creative Writing Project: Energize Your Manuscript
- Creative Writing Project: Publish Your Book
- Creative Writing Project: Market Your Book
19 of 20 students recommendSee All
This lesson helped me to crystallize my thinking on why I'm writing this story and the start of my character's flaw and most importantly, my premise statement. I find Steve Alcorn's teachings help me to review the things I have learned from him in the past and to organize my thinking for my latest book. Thank you Steve. You are my favorite writing teacher.
Steve Alcorn is the author of many novels and non-fiction books. His publications include mysteries, young adult novels, a romance novel, children's books, history and non-fiction about theme park design, and the writer's guide How to Fix Your Novel.
Steve is also the CEO of Alcorn McBride Inc, the company that provides the audio and video systems used in nearly all of the world's theme parks. In his spare time he enjoys world travel, sculpture and music composition.
During the past decade he has helped more than 30,000 aspiring authors structure their novels. Many of his students are now published authors.