Create Your Own Steampunk Cartoon Vehicle - Part 1
- 1x (Normal)
Drawing a Sketch15:32
Preparing Adobe Illustrator Workspace9:24
From Sketch to Vector Illustration8:33
Fill with Pathfinder panel7:12
About This Class
Join and create your own Steampunk Vehicle! :)
This class consists of two parts:
- In the first we learn how to draw a sketch of Vehicle and then create vector outlines with fill.
- The second part will be dedicated to coloring and adding shadows and light
In the two parts of this class, I will teach you in great detail how this illustration were drawn:
Together we will create a new and unique vehicle with gears, pipes, steam and leather seats!
Step by step, I will show how to:
- create a sketch
- how to transfer it to a vector graphic
- and then how to add colors, shadows and effects with an eye to your vehicle looked magnificently! (in the Part 2)
Here are the main topics that will be covered in the class:
- Drawing a sketch
- Prepare Adobe Illustrator Workspace
- From Sketch to Vector Illustration - Outline
- Work with brushes
- Contour correction
- Fill method using the Pathfinder panel
- Choose colors (in the Part 2)
- Where to look for interesting combinations of colors (in the Part 2)
- Add shadows (in the Part 2)
- Add lights (in the Part 2)
- Add finish touches (in the Part 2)
What you’ll need for class project:
- Software or notepad with pencil for sketch drawing
- Illustrator CC (Free Trial) or other vector graphic software.
- Tablet or mouse
This class is perfect for practiced illustrators, emerging designers, and everyone looking to improve their Adobe Illustrator skills.
I cannot wait to see what you can create!
My other classes you can found here:
Class Projects 2 See All
33 of 33 students recommendSee All
WOW! It's amazing!) Вообще спасибо за лайфак по кистям. До этого не додумалась, как можно убрать эти артефакты после отрисовки. Поэтому все делала пером. Попробую теперь кистями) Еще раз спасибо за отличный урок и отличное настроение.
Hey! My name is Andrew Bzhitskikh (I know it is too difficult to pronounce, so simple - Andrew :) ) and here's few facts about my life:
- I live in the cold and beautiful Siberia in Russia. The truth is not so cold but really beautiful!
- Sometimes I make a Native American Flutes for fun and ice figures.
- I'm participate in Aikido, love skiing, hiking and archery.
- I love to sketch and draw all time of my life. So today I'm a Freelance Illustrator and Graphic Designer. And I want to tell you all that I know and of course to learn something new!
Stay tuned! It will be interesting! :)