Cake Decorating: Beautiful Cakes with Buttercream Borders
- 1x (Normal)
Tips for Baking2:07
Making Buttercream Icing7:03
Preparing Your Decorating Bag3:39
Learning to Pipe Borders9:48
Icing Your Cake9:12
Decorating A Cake using Star Tip7:46
Bonus Lesson: Berry Topped Cake with Bead Border4:54
About This Class
In this class you will learn the basics of cake decorating with buttercream icing. I'll show you how to:
1.Prepare your pans for baking
2. Make home made buttercream icing
3. Techniques for icing your cake
5. Using a decorator bag and tips
6. Pipe buttercream borders with star tip (shell, reverse shell, elongated shell) and round tip (bead border)
7. How to use the star tip to create easy designs that you can use right away! Watch me decorate a cake.
8. Bonus video - Berry Topped Cake with buttercream bead border.
Class Projects 1 See All
I'm excited to be able to teach cake decorating on Skillshare. I took my first cake decorating class in 1991 and never looked back! The world of cake decorating keeps evolving and my class on the very basics is a great place to begin! Look for my class: Cake Decorating - Beautiful Cakes with Buttercream Borders. And my second class will be Cake Decorating - Buttercream Roses and More!
I am trying to be creative everyday! I enjoy handlettering, calligraphy, and learning watercolor in my spare time (what's that?!) Connect with me on my Facebook page at www.facebook.com/handandhartdesigns .
Find me on Instagram @handandhartdesigns Let me know you came from Skillshare!