Beginning Steps to Creating Beautiful Hand Drawn Mandalas
- 1x (Normal)
Project and Materials2:38
Creating The Framework4:39
Adding Detail Part 16:28
Adding Detail Part 25:50
Adding Detail Part 35:19
Inking Your Design5:52
About This Class
In this class I will take you step by step through the stages of drawing an 8" Mandala.
What you will need
- the desire to learn
- no drawing experience required
What you will learn
- How to use a pencil and compass to create a basic symmetrical framework
- Ideas on how to fill in hand drawn elements to fill your framework one section at a time
- Use felt tip pen and markers to ink your design and then add depth with line variety and intricate details
- a community of people, including myself, working on the same project with their own unique styles and the chance to share and interact with others while you learn what your drawing style is.
- Encouragement as you learn to use drawing as a great form of creative expression and relaxation.
Illustrator and Pattern Designer - The most beautiful designs start with the simplest ideas.
Working as a professional pattern designer, textile artist and illustrator over the last 20 years, I have experienced the greatest joy from sharing my passion for creativity and encouraging others to explore creativity in all areas of their lives.
I believe the first step to accomplishing your goals and dreams is to just start. Jump in and learn as you go. Let yourself make mistakes, those are the best lessons. Don't judge your work, just do and then do it again and do it some more. Watch it evolve and look back with awe in how far you have come because you chose to just start!
My goal in my classes is to find the simple and basic ways to help my students of all ages to just start drawing or to spark that desire to get back to drawing. I break the process down into simple techniques that everyone can try and encourage you to keep going, by building on these simple ideas to create more detailed designs.
The simple art of hand drawing is a great creative activity for both relaxation and productivity and for just plain fun. My goal is to design and share, fun, creative, hand drawing exercises that prove just how simple it can be. Most of my classes only require a pencil, paper and pen.
Remember the most beautiful designs start with the simplest ideas.
Visit me at my website and blog to see more of my creative process www.jspcreate.com
Keep in touch with me by sharing your class inspired designs with me @jspcreate or #jspcreate. I love seeing your creations and sharing in your daily creativity
Jane has been creating in the field of design and textile patterns for over 20 years and most recently has had her mandala designs published in two colouring books available at both your local and online booksellers. Check out more on her books here www.jspcreate.com/books-and-publications