Take our New Year’s challenge and make a resolution to create a class over the next 30 days. We will help you with tips and prizes at every step, giving you everything you need to create a great class. To get started, fill out your information below.
How It Works
Over the next 30 days, there will be a series of milestones to help you complete a class. Meet these milestones and you’ll be eligible to win prizes at each deadline. Get started with the first milestone below.
Milestone 1. January 18th: Start Your Class Draft: Upload a Class Title and Project Title by 11:59 PM EST on Sunday, 1/18 and you could win a Snowball Mic (10 prizes available).
Milestone 2. January 23th: Write Your Outline: Add your Unit titles and Video titles to your class draft by by 11:59 PM EST on Friday, January 23th, and you’ll be eligible to win a $200 Amazon Gift Card (5 prizes available).
Milestone 3. January 31st: Film Your Class: Block off time this weekend to sit down and record your class.
Milestone 4. February 12th: Publish Your Class: Finish editing and adding the final touches to your class, and you’ve completed the pledge! Our favorite class published to the site by 11:59 PM EST on Thursday, February 12th will win a brand-new iPhone 6, and be featured in an email to our 1M users.
If you get stuck, our team of education experts is here to help you with every step. Don’t forget to join our Teacher Facebook Group to keep up to date on the challenge.
- What If I already started my class? No problem, you can still sign up here to take the pledge and are eligible to win at each milestone as long as you meet the deadlines.
- What if I miss a deadline? No worries, you can jump in and catch-up to be eligible to win the next prize.
- Do I have to live in the USA to participate? You can teach a Skillshare class from anywhere in the world. While we can only give prizes out to residents of the United States who are over 18 years of age due to tax purposes, you can still take the pledge and publish your class to Skillshare.
- What are the guidelines? Classes are reviewed against our Publishing Guidelines. The grand prize winner will be selected based on adherence to the class guidelines and quality of content as determined by the Skillshare judges (more details here).
- How long does my class have to be? We recommend that classes last between 15 and 45 minutes, about the length of a TV show.
- Do I make my own videos? Yes! You will film your own class from home using a few simple tools. Teachers are always surprised by how easy it is to record high-quality video lessons without breaking the bank. In fact, our most successful teachers use their laptops to film themselves through a simple screencast. You can follow these tips to record high quality videos.