Discover Online Classes on TikTok
Posting your first video, growing a following, and more.
TikTok has a truly endless number of incredible features that make it one of the most interesting platforms on the web. Two of the coolest techniques you can use to take your videos to the next level are learning how to speed up a video on TikTok and how to slow down a video on TikTok. So, how do you actually do that and give your clips a movie-like quality to them?
How to Speed Up a Video on TikTok
Want to know how to speed up a TikTok video? It’s super easy to dive in and get started, even if you have no prior film experience. This is definitely one of the simplest techniques to add to your repertoire.
1. Open up your TikTok app and click the plus symbol at the bottom of the screen to create a new video.
2. Before you press the red button to record, though, click the “Speed” icon on the right-hand side of your screen. Here, you can adjust the speed to be up to three times faster than normal.
3. After you’ve adjusted that setting, click the red button and record your clip. It’ll automatically speed everything up without you having to do anything else!
How to Slow Down a Video on TikTok
On the flip side, want to know how to slow down a TikTok video? That’s also simple to do—no Matrix moves required.
1. You’re going to follow the exact same instructions as you did to speed up your clip, except you’re going to go in the opposite direction in terms of your speed options!
2. Just make sure you choose your speed before you begin to record.
Fast or Slow?
These are both super fun tricks, right? It’s empowering to know that just a few taps and swipes on your phone could make Oscar-worthy movie clips. Now try ‘em out for yourself!
Learn More Social Media Secrets
Mastering TikTok: Stop Scrolling and Post Your First TikTok