Do you have an idea for an app but don't know how to build it?
Learn how to write your first app for iPhone or iPad using Objective-C, the primary language for Apple iOS Platform. This class is designed for absolute beginners, no programming experience is required.
The class will touch upon the topics explained below:
- Intro to Object-Oriented Programming: Learn the basics of programming and how to use virtual objects to design and build applications.
- Model View Controller: Design your application to work in the most efficient manner possible, separate Data, View, and Logic classes.
- Objective-C 101: Grasp a few simple principles of the grammar and syntax.
- Making Your First App: Experience step-by-step how to build a Tip Calculator.
The class will be four hours, from 10am to 2pm. There will be an break at Noon for a catered lunch and a programming break.
- 4 Hours of Lecture with Online Slide Deck
- 3 Class Exercises with Source Code
- Free Catered Breakfast & Lunch
- Complimentary Coffee & Snacks
- Wifi & Power Provided
What Previous Students Have Said
- "Steve has great communication and clear instructions."
- "Great course on intro iOS development from Steve. He has the rare combination of serious technical chops while also having the ability to break down complex processes into simple steps for beginners. He also does a good job keeping the material interesting over several hours of class. Highly recommend his course for folks wanting to get started in iOS dev."
- "Steve is an excellent instructor, he had well prepared material and provides clear explanations. I would definitely take another course from Steve again!"
- "Steady increase in difficulty throughout the course, good explanations, great presentation."
- "Steve is a great teacher. He is very clear and uses great examples that allowed me, as a beginner, to really understand the fundamental concepts of developing an iOS app. To be a great iOS developer, it takes a lot of time and effort, but starting is the hardest part and Steve made that feel like a breeze. The best part was that in his four hour intro class, we built 3 apps! I'm one who learns by doing and his class was a fantastic balance between theory and implementation."
- Macbook with Mac OSX Lion or Mountain Lion
- Administrator rights on your machine, if you have never run Xcode before.
- XCode 4.5 or higher installed.
You can download XCode from the Mac App Store.
Refunds or Transfers
- We cannot provide refunds once tickets are purchased. Transfers require we have at least 24 hours notice.