Welcome to iOS 101 - User Interface.
This is a comprehensive 3-week course on how to build iPhone and iPad applications for the absolute beginner.
This course is the first in a series of courses designed to take a beginner, with no experience, and give them the knowledge and confidence to build high quality, professional looking iPhone and iPad applications.
The course will be focused on the following material:
- Getting the latest version of Xcode up and running
- Understanding the Xcode user interface
- Determining the right template to use when getting started
- How to name a project, class prefix and choosing a device family
- Using Storyboards
- Automatic Reference Counting (ARC)
- Git repositories
- Hardware Simulators
- Working with multiple orientations
- Using media for retina and non-retina devices
- File, Identity, Attribute and Connection Inspectors
- Header Files
- Interface vs Implementation code sections
- Action and Outlet connections
- Data Types
- Data Conversion and Manipulation
In addition, these controls will be used in class:
- Text Field
- Segmented Control
- Stepper Control
- Text View
- Image View
- Web View
- Map View
- Date Picker
- Picker Control
- Navigation Bar
- Tab Bar
We will use the above controls in class to build a variety of iPhone and iPad applications. We will start off building simple applications, but as the student's knowledge grows, we will gradually build more rich, dynamic and engaging applications.
I will be providing videos of myself on the computer, going through each session, to each student in the class. So if someone gets lost or confused about a topic then they can consult one of my provided videos to get them back on track.
I will be providing office hours for those students who would like additional time outside of class to review the material.
Students will be receiving PDF documents for each class that contain relevant information about the material to be covered.
If a student misses a class, I will be available (see office hours) to help them catch up. I want my students to know that they can always come to me for help.
Once the course is complete, each student will feel empowered. Knowing that they now posses a very valuable skill which is especially relevant in our increasingly digital world.