This class will discuss how to sift through available properties in NYC to find property that can maximize your real estate investment dollar. The class will focus on what to buy, where to buy, and how to add value after purchase through savvy renovations. Questions answered include:
- What is value under current market conditions?
- What attributes make a neighborhood desirable?
- What attributes can maximize usable square footage?
- What renovations add long term value to your new property?
- How do you prepare to be ready to act decisively?
Class Discussion Outline:
I. Define Value
II. Discuss building types (Example: Differences in Co-Ops/Condos)
III. Discuss how to measure value
IV. Talk about what characteristics to look for in a neighborhood.
V. Discuss specific neighborhoods.
VI. Discuss strategies on maximizing value in an individual unit.
VII. Discuss strategies in maximizing value in a building.
VIII. Discuss financial strategies on investing in real estate.
IX. Discuss project preparation (financial, assembling project team).
Property Big Game Hunting: Value in purchasing and renovating