In this demonstration style class, students will learn:
- The essentials of creating a nourishing and delicious salad
- Best practices for fresh produce selection, washing and storage
- Knife safety
- Knife skills
- Food safety and sanitation
- How to prepare fresh salad dressing
- How to use fresh and dried herbs to flavor salads
- How to use food grade essential oils to flavor salads
- The medicinal properties of ingredients used
262 Stuyvesant Avenue
This is the class where inspiration lives. Come ready to learn by being 100% present to the magic that happen when sparks fly in the kitchen. This is where we learn more by doing and less by thinking. In my kitchen I cook by look, cook by taste and cook by feeling. I welcome you to come question, share, taste, remember, feel, laugh (crying is okay, too) and connect.
3:30 pm - 5:00 pm EDTAdd to Cal
I prepare outrageously delicious and nourishing food. I'm passionate about teaching others to do the same. I am a certified health coach and holistic chef. I trained at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, The Natural Gourmet Institute for Health and Culinary Arts and in my mother's kitchen. I founded Organic Soul Chef, LLC, in 2005 with a mission to empower myself and others through wholesome eating and living. Since then I have inspired and equipped people from all walks of life with the tools to live nourishing lives, mind, body and spirit through health coaching, culinary training, catering, personal chef services and wellness workshops. Visit Organic Soul Chef to learn more about me, my products and services, and to get your FREE nutrition book.
This class hasn't been reviewed yet.