As entrepreneurs, we've chosen an exciting life of risk, challenges and personal growth. When you own your own business and control your destiny, the upside is endless...but so is the downside. If we don't plan carefully, a life spent chasing our dreams and making things happen can leave us with very few choices in retirement.
No one wants to live the swash-buckling life of an entrepreneur but end up as a greeter at Wal-Mart later on in life. Who wants to spend their golden years wearing a polyesther uniform and saying "Would you like fries with that?" That's why planning for retirement is even more important when you don't have the safety net of a large company to help push you along.
In this class, you'll learn
-The basics of retirement planning
- The power of tax deferred investing
- The retirement planning options available to entrepreneurs (people who do not have access to a traditional company plan or 401(k))
- Opportunities to tap into your retirement plan before reaching retirement age
- The difference between a traditional IRA and a Roth IRA
- How, why and when to convert old company retirement plans
- Saving and budgeting tips for people who live on inconsistent income
- Practical tips that help you put money away and forget about it until you need it...
Students will leave with a clear understanding of the value of retirement planning along with a plan to get started and/or revive your old retirement plan. This class will help students priroitize saving for retirement and offers tips to make saving easier and less painful!
39 West 14th Street Suite 503
New York, NY
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm EDTAdd to Cal
Lena Rizkallah is the founder of Money Moxie, a company that develops interactive, non-coma-inducing personal finance workshops for women and small businesses. She is a recovering attorney with 13 years experience in the financial industry where she is also a speaker, writer and consultant on estate & trust planning, tax policy, retirement and legislation. Lena created Money Moxie to combine her creative and nerdy sides; her goal is to make personal finance and investing more accessible and fun for all.
This class hasn't been reviewed yet.